Tags : :
I may have uncovered a bug in DDP Creator tonight. I'm on version 22.214.171.124 on OSX 10.8.5 and I've done many hundreds of masters without a single issue.
It appears that WAVs exported from a DDP do not null with the source files and the residual, though 90dB down is not dither or anything benign. I've never really used that feature but tonight I had reason to and was running a bunch of detailed tests for a project.
If you feel like testing on your end -
1) Drop a WAV file into a new DDP Creator .dpf file
2) Export a DDP Master and close the app
3) Reopen and import the DDP master you just created
4) Use the "Export File(s)" option to export the WAV(s)
5) Perform a null test against the original WAVs used to create the DDP
Naturally this caused me to doubt the actual audio in the DDP but I renamed the IMAGE.DAT file, opened in Wavelab and resaved as a WAV. This nulls perfectly with the source file.
Anyone else seeing this behavior? As I say I almost never use this feature but perhaps some of you do?