johnwhynot

Aqua Marine

#41 [url]

Nov 2 13 6:28 PM

Ah, now I see that, if I post a reply, the title of the thread is no longer part of the URL. So it gets confusing in long threads.

Not saying it should be in the URL itself - but a small-type thread title at the top of posts maybe? Or some clever scripted floaty thing that follows ya down.

Quote    Reply   

ruairi

Aqua Marine

#45 [url]

Nov 3 13 5:09 PM

The search function is broken again - it hangs every time I try to do a search.

Incidentally I was trying to search for "How do I post an image?" Something I haven't been able to figure out since the change.....

Quote    Reply   

roger emk

Silverado

#46 [url]

Nov 4 13 1:34 PM

Please post any upgrade related issues and/or questions here

Frustratedwith how the site looked on the ipad (and computer) I got the yuku app.
YouTube vids and pix seldom show here, would like to get that fixed.
Probably off topic but anyhoo

Quote    Reply   

Lefora Team

Silverado

#47 [url]

Nov 5 13 1:40 AM

roger emk wrote:
Frustratedwith how the site looked on the ipad (and computer) I got the yuku app.

Hmm what kind of iPad? It looks fine on mine. What is your version and what browser do you use?
Have you tried without the app? Personally when I'm on my iPad, I greatly prefer browsing without the app, but that might be personal preference.

Last Edited By: Lefora Team Nov 5 13 2:07 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Lefora Team

Silverado

#49 [url]

Nov 5 13 1:46 AM

johnwhynot wrote:
Ah, now I see that, if I post a reply, the title of the thread is no longer part of the URL. So it gets confusing in long threads.

Not saying it should be in the URL itself - but a small-type thread title at the top of posts maybe? Or some clever scripted floaty thing that follows ya down.

You're quick to figure that out :) There are a couple instances in which the title does not show in the URL, one is when you have replied, and another is when you click on the thread title after you've been inside of it.

You can actually add titles at the top of replies (cannot be seen on mobile at the moment, but we're working on that)
Click reply and look just above the reply box, you can re-add the title there.

I've actually been working with this software for quite a few years, and it used to be so that the titles were auto-filled in replies, but people complained about it, so we made it optional.

Quote    Reply   

Lefora Team

Silverado

#50 [url]

Nov 5 13 2:04 AM

natenajar wrote:
I can't seem to figure out how to quote on the iPad. I can do it on the desktop though....

Hmm I have no problems quoting on my iPad. Are you trying to quote partial text or are you not seeing the quote link at all? (inside the posts at the bottom of each post).

Quote    Reply   

Lefora Team

Silverado

#51 [url]

Nov 5 13 2:06 AM

ktownson wrote:
How are you getting to the mobile site? I'm not getting any dialog box on iPad with iOS 5.1.1

Any way you can take a screen shot of that?

Quote    Reply   

Lefora Team

Silverado

#52 [url]

Nov 5 13 2:08 AM

ruairi wrote:
The search function is broken again - it hangs every time I try to do a search.

Incidentally I was trying to search for "How do I post an image?" Something I haven't been able to figure out since the change.....

I'll ask someone to give it a kick. It does go down a little while each day while backups of the forums are being made, which is rather taxing on the servers, but it's important to have backups of all forums.

Quote    Reply   

Lefora Team

Silverado

#53 [url]

Nov 5 13 2:09 AM

ruairi wrote:
Quick reply seems to be working about half the time....

There are no known problems with quick reply, so any information you can give would be very useful. What exactly happens when it doesn't work for you?

Quote    Reply   

roger emk

Silverado

#54 [url]

Nov 5 13 3:51 AM

Please post any upgrade related issues and/or questions here

Lefora Team wrote:
roger emk wrote:Frustratedwith how the site looked on the ipad (and computer) I got the yuku app.

Hmm what kind of iPad? It looks fine on mine. What is your version and what browser do you use? Have you tried without the app? Personally when I'm on my iPad, I greatly prefer browsing without the app, but that might be personal preference.

I'm on an ipad4 (ME392CI/A) iOS 6.1.3

Usually I browse forums in safari as well...

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#55 [url]

Nov 5 13 7:52 AM

Mobile App question

Lefora Team
ktownson wrote:How are you getting to the mobile site? I'm not getting any dialog box on iPad with iOS 5.1.1

Any way you can take a screen shot of that?

Ok, managed to post this from iPad. There's a tab at the bottom of the page that says Mobile, but it doesn't seem to do anything different when I hit it. The page reloads, but that seems to be all.

EDIT: The screen grab from the iPad looked fine in preview, but didn't seem to show up once posted. Will try again from desktop. You can see the mobile tab at the bottom of the grab.

http://images.yuku.com/image/png/5278fd1119ae83.07723026_r.png

EDIT 2: I seem to be trapped inside a very narrow quote box, and the pic is not displaying properly. I uploaded the screen grab to my album, then dragged it from the image library to the post. Argggh!

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Last Edited By: ktownson Nov 5 13 9:20 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

natenajar

Gold Finger

#56 [url]

Nov 5 13 8:40 AM

Lefora Team
natenajar wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to quote on the iPad. I can do it on the desktop though....

Hmm I have no problems quoting on my iPad. Are you trying to quote partial text or are you not seeing the quote link at all? (inside the posts at the bottom of each post).

i can't get out of the quote box!

Quote    Reply   

jimlongo

Gold Finger

#57 [url]

Nov 7 13 11:02 AM

Hi Lefora Team,

There is no visual style applied to active links. They have an 'underline', on hover, but nothing else.

Thanks.

Quote    Reply   

johnwhynot

Aqua Marine

#58 [url]

Nov 7 13 12:32 PM

Today, in Chrome on my main computer, the links embedded inside YouTube vids are not working - they seem to crash the page.

"Watch in YouTube" button, also the title link in the upper left corner of the embed. Either one stops the video, breaks all the interactivity and bogs down the loading of the other videos until I reload the whole page.

--

John Whynot

Quote    Reply   

ruairi

Aqua Marine

#59 [url]

Nov 7 13 11:00 PM

Lefora Team
ruairi wrote:Quick reply seems to be working about half the time....

There are no known problems with quick reply, so any information you can give would be very useful. What exactly happens when it doesn't work for you?

Just had this happen for the 4th or 5th time.  I write a post in quick reply and when I hit post I lose my post and I'm brought to the full reply page.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help