gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#41 [url]

Nov 21 13 1:34 AM

If anyone has a young one (or old one!) looking for a beginner/low-price guitar this season, the Squier Bullet HS Telecaster isn't half bad, though it does go for the humbucker in the rear, which some might find to be tele-heresy. It doesn't happen to be on the Fender website, but it should show up at various stores for around $120.

Some friends are considering an inexpensive "first guitar" for their daughter, and this seemed to pull out from the pack when looking a couple times last week.

It sounded OK to darn good through the Vox AC4 in the store (once I stretched out the strings for GC). It is rather obvious that at the GC I went to, they pull them right out of the box, onto the rack, and don't even tune them much less stretch the strings any. At first I thought the tuners had some problems, but nope.

The weight on these are a bit all over the place, and there is no lacquer on the neck of course. I've been thinking about it since playing it though, must not be too bad!

Quote    Reply   

jjblair

Platinum Blonde

#42 [url]

Nov 21 13 2:29 AM

My Teles, in my Fender family photo.  A '68 with B bender, and an '88 with a '60s Firebird PU in the neck.  Hard to do country without one.

Quote    Reply   

mdm

Platinum Blonde

#45 [url]

Nov 21 13 8:42 AM

I once had a 1962? Broadcaster that had the neck pickup routing under the pickguard.. 500 canadian dollars in the 90's

I sold it later though because the sound was a little too 'spongy' for my tastes, at the time at least.

depending on the year of manufacture, they used different woods for the bodies, I believe.. that makes a difference

Quote    Reply   

peteandrews

Gold Finger

#47 [url]

Nov 21 13 9:44 AM

soapfoot
peteandrews wrote:that oil can guitar is slick.

-pete

A little crudely made, though.

thanks brad for picking up on that  - i was wondering why it was taking so long for the thread to devolve into one of these pun-offs.

-pete

Quote    Reply   

wireline

Aqua Marine

#48 [url]

Nov 21 13 9:53 AM

peteandrews
soapfoot

-pete

thanks brad for picking up on that  - i was wondering why it was taking so long for the thread to devolve into one of these pun-offs.

-pete

Because some things are above that sort of thing... telecasters being one of them.

Ken Morgan

Please...Give It A Rest

Quote    Reply   

gereon

Silverado

#49 [url]

Nov 21 13 10:19 AM

wireline
peteandrews
soapfoot

-pete

-pete

Because some things are above that sort of thing... telecasters being one of them.

Barrely so, if you ask me.

all the best,
the keks

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#50 [url]

Nov 21 13 10:53 AM

peteandrews

that oil can guitar is slick.

It needs a good rig, though.

...And I bet it makes a decent platform!

Last Edited By: compasspnt Nov 21 13 3:09 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Mike Rivers

Aqua Marine

#52 [url]

Nov 21 13 11:48 AM

peteandrews

that oil can guitar is slick.

If that was a pun . .  graaaaaaoaaaaan!

That one comes from a company called Township Guitars in South Africa. Apparently the company grew out of seeing a few local musicians' home made instruments. Sort of this generation's steel drum, another musical instrument made out of a left-behind but too good to throw away container.

For a good time, call mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Last Edited By: compasspnt Nov 21 13 3:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#53 [url]

Nov 21 13 12:50 PM

What... no love for the followup puns?

You guys have to STOP posting pics of nice telecasters... I don't own one, and I'm trying to save for my son's next bike. -This sort of wood-lust is not doing his chances any good!

Quote    Reply   

duskb

Platinum Blonde

#59 [url]

Nov 21 13 6:14 PM

ssltechWhat... no love for the followup puns?

You guys have to STOP posting pics of nice telecasters... I don't own one, and I'm trying to save for my son's next bike. -This sort of wood-lust is not doing his chances any good!

I know, it's depressing. I'm going to start posting pics of my Pultec and 8014 as retribution. : )

----
Dusk Bennett
Engineering/Production/Educator
Los Angeles Ca
Award Winning Engineering
www.duskbennett.com

Quote    Reply   

technologyworks

Gold Finger

#60 [url]

Nov 21 13 6:17 PM

weedywet

MY "telecaster" is a Schecter.

When Rudy's in NYC and Chandler's in Kew were putting together those custom Schecters from parts, they were some extraordinarily good guitars.

Now that Schecter has a real "custom shop" in operation again, I'd bet they still do.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/PT.aspx

Hey WW. Chandlers made the one I have and it had found its way back to Charlie Chandler where I bought it second hand

Peter Beckmann

Technologyworks Mastering 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help