chrisj

Gold Finger

Lead

Nov 20 13 8:40 PM

Tags : :

So here's what I've been working on lately- Airwindows Space!

It's an Audio Unit, Mac PPC / 32bit Intel / 64bit. Should be fine on Logic X, and on Mavericks (it's 'sandbox safe' like my other stuff)

The demo's here: Space Demo

I hope the video clip and the demo show what this one's about. I think they're getting better as I go :)

-Chris

Chris Johnson, airwindows.com

Quote    Reply   

chrisj

Gold Finger

#3 [url]

Nov 21 13 4:02 AM

Well, you know _I_ know you guys know… what actually is useful in a mix.

I've never forgotten how some of you guys (forget exactly who, but I've seen it) reject all digital verb, normal and fancy, EXCEPT for a few super-old Lexicons. It's just a matter of doing weird things in coding to make the verb act more like that, similarly to how Sean Costello's experimenting with high quantization (I'm looking forward to seeing what he's up to, there!)

That's not what I'm doing. I'm doing other stuff: hope it's $50 worth of 'oh cool' and helps some people.

Chris Johnson, airwindows.com

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#4 [url]

Nov 21 13 8:07 AM

Nice presentation and explanation of the reasoning. AND it does sound great! Helps when someone knows what good sounds like, I'd guess :)

Quote    Reply   

owlander

Gold Finger

#5 [url]

Nov 21 13 12:01 PM

chrisjWell, you know _I_ know you guys know… what actually is useful in a mix.

I've never forgotten how some of you guys (forget exactly who, but I've seen it) reject all digital verb, normal and fancy, EXCEPT for a few super-old Lexicons. It's just a matter of doing weird things in coding to make the verb act more like that, similarly to how Sean Costello's experimenting with high quantization (I'm looking forward to seeing what he's up to, there!)

That's not what I'm doing. I'm doing other stuff: hope it's $50 worth of 'oh cool' and helps some people.

Actually Chris, I don't have nearly the experience that most guys do here, on big desks, etc. I don't record for a living (although, I really wish I did).
But I do have a sense of humor...and part of that humor is poking innocent fun at plugins. 

The reverb in the video sounds great...especially for so little $.

Quote    Reply   

eightyeightkeys

Gold Finger

#6 [url]

Jan 16 14 4:01 PM

Luv it ! Luv it ! Chris...yes, "it's supposed to be about distance, not a wash of sound floating right around the level of where the sound sources are..." Nice work Chris.
Dawg gone it, no PC VST version ?

Quote    Reply   

eightyeightkeys

Gold Finger

#8 [url]

Jan 19 14 5:58 PM

compasspnt wrote:
Airwindows is AU only.

Works GREAT on REAPER and Logic.

Is anyone making an AU plug-in translator thing?

I looked into it specifically to give this plug a try...there is no Mac-AU to PC-VST converter/wrapper ....The closest thing was the Plogue Bidule, but, Sebastien from tech-support said there is no such animal. Dang.

Quote    Reply   

minister

Gold Finger

#11 [url]

Jan 30 14 12:18 PM

compasspnt wrote:
Airwindows is AU only.

Works GREAT on REAPER and Logic.

Is anyone making an AU plug-in translator thing?

Soundflower.  Will route audio between applications. Plus it's f-r-e-e.

http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

Or, just route your optical out of the computer into the optical in for your DAW.  I use prosoniq Morph this way, which is AU only. 

Last Edited By: minister Jan 30 14 12:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help