waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#101 [url]

Jan 13 16 8:04 PM

Ok.  I'll try to check into it a bit further.   In their promo vid that I was just checking out, they are saying that they are using the same vintage Hamilton presses that they used before they stopped doing vinyl.
..but maybe, those were the ones that got sold to Gotta Groove

[url]

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#102 [url]

Jan 13 16 9:43 PM

gold wrote:
There may be a couple of plants that can print center labels. I'm not aware of any pressing plants that have full print capability. WEA and Universal had full print capabilities but they are long gone.

Doesn't that plant in Nashville that I won't use have full print capability?

I had thought that Gotta Groove did jackets as well. Many plants can do center labels at least.

One option is to use a broker like A to Z Media who can contract out jacket printing and record pressing (and they will give you input if you have a preferred plant); they can also do download cards, etc. Then you just deal with them and get your product in the mail.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#103 [url]

Jan 13 16 10:37 PM

Every plant will collate and package with print. I meant that pressing plants generally aren't four color offset print shops with die cutting capability. Jackets usually come from Stauton (sp?) or another giant print conglomorite who's name escapes me. Center labels are sourced locally in NY and LA. I'm not sure if other plants have set something up locally. Center labels need specific paper and ink as they get the full heat of the press.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#104 [url]

Jan 13 16 11:45 PM

Yes, people often don't realize that for vinyl records, the pre-printed label is pressed right into the record in the one process.

Except of course for injection molded singles, which have glued on labels.

But I'm not sure if anyone is still doing injections.

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#105 [url]

Jan 14 16 11:55 AM

QRP in Kansas, who did my most recent one, either does labels in-house or makes the process quite seamless. They do not offer jackets but will package/assemble if you drop ship to them.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help