logan

Silverado

Lead

Jul 1 14 10:51 AM

Tags : :

I scooped up a free Ren Bass thing a while ago during a waves promotion, and it shows up in Nuendo and Cubase amd Wavelab, but I can't get it to show up on the Reaper plugin list. Considering getting the Abby Road plugins but I pretty much use Reaper all the time now. Emailed waves support and got back,"we don't support Reaper". Anyone using waves plugs in Reaper? Take care, Logan

Last Edited By: logan Jul 1 14 1:30 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   

jimblair

Gold Finger

#1 [url]

Jul 2 14 3:19 AM

I personally don't have any Waves plugins, but I know many folks who do use them with Reaper. Haven't heard of any issues. I'm assuming that they are in a location that Reaper is aware of? (Just checking the "air in the tires'.)

Quote    Reply   

logan

Silverado

#3 [url]

Jul 2 14 9:46 PM

Thanks guys, I think I have them in the same folder as other plugs that show up fine, but I'll check again when I'm in the studio tomorrow. I am on windows so I don't know if that's a problem, but you've given me some hope anyway. Take care, Logan

Quote    Reply   

jimblair

Gold Finger

#4 [url]

Jul 2 14 10:14 PM

Odd. I used them in Reaper on a friend's PC, a couple of years back, and all was well. I had no idea that there are some current challenges.

Here's a few threads from the Reaper forum. Hope it helps.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=141305

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=139228&highlight=waves

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=43067&highlight=waves

Quote    Reply   

logan

Silverado

#6 [url]

Jul 4 14 7:49 AM

When I installed the plug, it asked where I wanted the dll for 32 bit and 64 bit and I put them where they should go. The 64bit dll is in a folder that Reaper searches but it doesn't get added to the plug list. So I added the entire waves folder to be searched and now the plug shows up but it has somehow knocked out other plugs, Decapitator is no longer found in the project nor is the Eventide ultra channel. I'm not sure how including another folder to be searched would stop some plugs in other folders from being found, but such is the case. I use decapitator all the time and I've been really getting into the eventide so I'd much rather have them than the Waves plug. I try to use all plugs 64 bitin Repaer 64 but keep 32 bit versions because of old projects that I may want to visit some day, but all this 32 /64 stuff drives me batty, I wish it would all go away. I'll have to do a proper read through of the threads you posted Jim and see if I can suss out the source of my grief. Working on my deck at the moment to keep my better half off my back, so it may take a few days to get to the trouble shooting. Take care, Logan

Quote    Reply   

jononiess.lucasmicrophone

New Forum Friend

#7 [url]

Jul 27 14 5:36 PM

Waves 9 has serious issues on a Mac with Reaper.  Everything works fine if I revert back to 8.  Problem is, I have several visiting producer/engineers that use their own bundles (one of them is Platinum -huge) and they're on 9, as they use Pro Tools and Waves works fine there.  Can't use Waves 8 and 9 at the same time, so I have to de-install 9, re-install 8 to use my Waves plugs with Reaper.  Finally gave up - way too confusing for visitors.  Reaper support absolutely no help.  Ongoing silence.  Makes me pretty angry, as I spent some dough to upgrade to 9 on Waves.  Waves folks told me Reaper is not a supported DAW for Waves.  

I really really really love Reaper - but this reinforces the notion that many people have that Reaper is kid stuff....

Quote    Reply   

nicksevilla

Silverado

#8 [url]

Oct 17 14 11:14 PM

Just installed Reaper 4.731, and Waves 9.3
Running Mac OSX 10.6.8
Using both Built In audio to test with, and also Digidesign HD hardware.
So far seems ok. Will report any buggy plug ins etc.

Quote    Reply   

johngarden

New Forum Friend

#11 [url]

Nov 18 14 6:21 AM

Hi,

First post here!

I am using Reaper v4.71 on a Mac Mini and I had a nightmare with Waves until I reinstalled all my plugins as VST only, and now I only use VSTs in Reaper. Waves runs fine.

I had to do quite a lot of work on the GUI settings in Reaper for VSTs, though. I think resizing down was a problem, so they just resize up now, and I also disabled auto load of the GUI when you instantiate a plugin, so the plugin shows up as the little block on the mixer, but you need to click the block to then view the plugin. Bit of a pain, but so far has made for a crash free environment (MOSTLY).

Quote    Reply   

nicksevilla

Silverado

#12 [url]

Jul 6 15 12:36 AM

jimblair wrote:
No news is good news Nick?

Pretty much. I've been mucking about inside Reaper when time allows. For me, it has been very stable, but then again, I do try doing one thing at a time...

Hey, we have a mutual friend, Fuzzbee... LOL ask him about our small time adventures some time.

Last Edited By: nicksevilla Jul 6 15 12:42 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

nicksevilla

Silverado

#13 [url]

Jul 6 15 12:39 AM

compasspnt wrote:
Nick, what Digi hardware are you using, and how?

How many I/Os can you get?

HI Terry,
Sorry for the horrifie delay in answering. I did just download the latest (4.7,8) and ir is running nicely, and using Waves plug ins. 

I use the VST versions, have yet to delve into "AU" land. AU plug in format has always caused me headaches, even withing Logic Pro.

I am using "Digidesign HD" hardware, using their Core Audio drivers with Reaper.

8 inputs, 8 outputs only. That is the specification of Digi's drivers for this hardware.

Sounds really good nonetheless, and since I mostly do mixing, I do not need a lot of IO, just 3-6 extra for some hardware compressors, which I use occasionally, so this works o.k. for me.

Cheers!

Quote    Reply   

nicksevilla

Silverado

#14 [url]

Jul 6 15 12:41 AM

johngarden wrote:
Hi,

First post here!

I am using Reaper v4.71 on a Mac Mini and I had a nightmare with Waves until I reinstalled all my plugins as VST only, and now I only use VSTs in Reaper. Waves runs fine.

I had to do quite a lot of work on the GUI settings in Reaper for VSTs, though. I think resizing down was a problem, so they just resize up now, and I also disabled auto load of the GUI when you instantiate a plugin, so the plugin shows up as the little block on the mixer, but you need to click the block to then view the plugin. Bit of a pain, but so far has made for a crash free environment (MOSTLY).

I currently do have all the plug in versions for Macintosh installed for Waves and all my other brands of plug ins. On one of my macs, the Pro Tools tower, (Intel processors, but only 32 bit OS) I do not use AAX, nor VST3. My mac laptop does have all the current versions, except for TDM (for obvious reasons).

All seem to coexist peacefully. As long as I do a blood sacrifice once in a very blue moon. ;)

Quote    Reply   

nicksevilla

Silverado

#15 [url]

May 9 16 11:12 PM

Just an update: I installed Mac OSX 10.8.5 and the last Pro Tools HD version 10.3.10, along with Reaper 5.0.1
Will report in the coming weeks of any plug in mishaps I may have.

This is now running everything in 64 bits, finally.

Waves is 9.31 or something around that number...

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help