trock

Platinum Blonde

Lead

Jan 27 15 9:34 AM

Tags : :

I just finished my 3rd song and am getting ready to do another video for it (way tamer tahn my last cougar video lol). called "Lost in a moment"

this song was harder fo rme, levels didnt seem right, i felt the mix was as good and some stuff seemed to distort even though when solo'd tit was fine on every track, thats aq weird thing? 

anyway, it is what it is. on to number 4 !

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95885075/Lost%20in%20a%20moment%20-%20fin.mp3

Home studio is rolling!

Thanks!
Quote    Reply   

wireline

Aqua Marine

#1 [url]

Jan 27 15 9:39 AM

I won't comment on anything technical - not my gig anymore - but I will say that is an incredible song. This is the kind of stuff I've been looking for

Ken Morgan

Please...Give It A Rest

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#2 [url]

Jan 27 15 6:00 PM

Thanks Ken, I appreciate the feedback!

i have a few more in the pipeline and a back catalog of ideas that stretch thru multiple iphones and ipad apps lol

thanks!

Quote    Reply   

tb av

Platinum Blonde

#3 [url]

Jan 30 15 12:29 AM

That is nice. I don't think anyone will ever tell you it's not wide enough either.

It was kinda funny, I looked up at the tv and Tracy Ullman was dancing to the beat right in sync.

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#4 [url]

Feb 3 15 12:59 PM

its hard to beat a star dancing in time to a song! she was great to, i miss that show.

well i just released this song as well. thru tunecore again, into the stores i picked. this time though i also joined "Radio Airplay" thru tunecore, apparently they are partners. thought it sounded interesting and lets be honest, no one is going to really seek me out (aside from my wife and kids) so paying some for plays? eh, i know your not supposed to but i figured what the heck. live the rock star lifestyle! lol

song 4 is almost done to! this one is a rocker! need to finish lyrics and work out harmonies and BG vocals and arrangments of said vocals, then it will be done as well. i started 2 other songs as well!

my workflow has improved dramatically as well now that i am churning these out. being only one person it used to be a huge pain to setup and get a good recording but i have incorporated some cool tech

1) i set up the CS4 into the quartet and get a good level and sound, HOWEVER in my room my back is now facing the faders and computer so i installed the CUbase controler for ipad and iphone and i can now totally control cubase without having to turn around anymore. i can also delete a bad take and take care of editing sitting in my comfortable spot and not destroy my mic angle where my good sound is coming from

2) set up a great templae that puts the waves NLS on the first insert of each track, dialed in how i want them. between the recording being done well now and this simple console plug i am literally almost 90% there now. i dont use a lot of plugs anymore, and honestly i could use the stock cubase ones for everything if i had to.

3) diggin into EZ drummer 2 and my roland Vkit (TD15kv) - on the next few songs i would like to get away form drum loops and start playing my own, that way i will literally be doing every instrument on each song. i have it up and working but i need to learn more about MIDI editing and quantization etc in cubase

anyway, on a roll!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help