compasspnt

Diamond Forever

Lead

Feb 12 15 11:43 AM

Tags : :

Great news!

Today is the day, we have just gone live!

We are obviously still in the formative stages, and will be expanding and improving every day now.

Thanks to all for the cool tracks already submitted, which are already being broadcast "as we speak." I have been listening to the station now for an hour or so, and I must say I am very impressed at the quality of product, and how it all eclectically fits together.

For now we only have about an hour & a half of programming, and that will be repeating on a loop, with songs daily interchanging in and out, new ones added, etc.

So, let's use this thread to discuss what we all hear.

The only information they will allow to be displayed on the station page is the Song, Artist, Album & Label name…so, no producer credits, or engineers, or studios, etc.

If anyone hears something they like, and don't know who did it, it WILL be someone here at PRW, so use this thread to ask questions, discuss techniques, etc.

This should be loads of fun, and also start to generate some BMI/ASCAP etc. income!

We still need more cool tracks, and some innovative station IDs, so send them in. Remember, mp3, 44.1, 128 jst files please, fully mastered and ready to go.

Welcome Radio Listeners.

Spread the word!

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#2 [url]

Feb 12 15 12:26 PM

I just downloaded the app, this is Great!

Thanks Terry!

Listening so far there is some amazing music, really, wow.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#3 [url]

Feb 12 15 12:38 PM

Sounds great, Terry. There were some dropouts. I don't much about internet radio so I assume it could be on my end.

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#12 [url]

Feb 12 15 2:38 PM

My update - no dropouts and sounds great. everyone has a LOT of talent! what i have heard so far is pretty amazing, and a GREAT range of genre's and styles.

Should we be getting the word out on this Terry? I see we can like and link via our social media sites. What do you want done on that front?

Thanks!

ps - does anyone knwo how to upgrade to the VIP app player? i want to take the commercials out, but when i click on the advertisement for the VIP version it doesnt take me to the store to buy

Quote    Reply   

zmix

Aqua Marine

#13 [url]

Feb 12 15 3:10 PM

compasspnt wrote:
Hmmm, it certainly should play, not sure what's up.

I'm using both Chrome and Safari, will do a Firefox test later.

Thnx (& send some tracks!)

/

I figured it out. There is a button in the middle of the screen that says "click here to listen" but it doesn't actually play anything, it just makes the PRW graphic jump into a little box on the left.

Above that little box is the actual play button...

Last Edited By: zmix Feb 13 15 9:13 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#15 [url]

Feb 12 15 3:50 PM

I was having the dropouts in Firefox. Been listening with Safari for twenty minutes or so - zero dropouts.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#16 [url]

Feb 12 15 3:52 PM

Of course I wish we could have full 48 bit/384 WAVs (or double that) to play, but because of the way the Provider has to do the stations, and of the costs involved, we are currently limited to this spec. As soon as they allow higher, we will go there.

Also, for the package we have purchased (yes, this is not free), we are limited to 15 "normal" (non-'VIP") listeners at once. And would you believe it, we have already maxed out a couple of times today, on our first day!

So, you might get a notice when tuning in that the maximum are already listening. In that case, I think they give you the option to sign up as a "VIP" listener (and pay some fee...but not to me/us, only to the Provider) to continue, or to go to some other station, or to come back later.

If we continuously reach the maximum (and I think we might!), then we will pay more and increase our capacity.

The reason behind all of this is that this station is 100% legal and legitimate, which means that performance royalties are paid. So by law, the more listeners, the more has to be paid, which means we have to then pay more for the larger capacity.

Anyway, all else aside, it's fun, provides a platform for all of our new (and old) music, and gives us better insight into what we professionals are doing, and how to do it.

Happy listening!

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#17 [url]

Feb 12 15 4:02 PM

One of the coolest things ever to have tunes I have done play alongside songs I've covered in bands, like Big Star, and Booker T & The MG's.

I've really enjoyed the songs.

Some of the songs that I've heard once or twice from them being posted on the forum here, and now I hear them for the third or fourth time, they have now latched in and grown on me. It really does say something for the effect that just repeatedly being exposed to something can have on liking the song.

Who was involved in Rappin' Rodney?!! That must have been a fun one.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#18 [url]

Feb 12 15 4:53 PM

(sigh, I hope this isn't my only legacy)....I played bass on Rappin' Rodney. It was fun, although he wasn't there. He was a very shy guy when he wasn't onstage, and he had to work hard to psych himself up for his overdub. They wouldn't let anyone hang out when he was there.

A lot of talented folks here - I've been enjoying listening to things.

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#20 [url]

Feb 12 15 5:15 PM

"It might be very instructive, either positively or perhaps even negatively, to hear your work "up against" that of others. Always gives you a new perspective."

Yes, definitely!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help