duskb

Platinum Blonde

#302 [url]

May 1 15 2:36 PM

compasspnt wrote:
There isn't an official 3 song limit, and a few people do already have more than that. We just try not to overload in any one direction.

But that was more at the first, when we were scrambling for "content." (Sorry about the C word.)

The FCC has a rule about only a certain number of songs by one artist or from one album in an hour period, but we have so many now, not to worry.

Whatever Works!

Send more songs…

Thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding. I'm not sure where I got that impression. 

Lots of little life battles going on. Hope to get some music your way soon.

----
Dusk Bennett
Engineering/Production/Educator
Los Angeles Ca
Award Winning Engineering
www.duskbennett.com

Quote    Reply   

mcallister

Gold Finger

#303 [url]

May 12 15 1:31 PM

Anyone else get this? I cannot listen past one song. Then I get an advertisement (right now it's for Home Depot) that goes into an endless loop.
Is there a fix?

Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#306 [url]

May 13 15 10:03 PM

mcallister wrote:
Anyone else get this? I cannot listen past one song. Then I get an advertisement (right now it's for Home Depot) that goes into an endless loop.
Is there a fix?

Thanks

This happened to me too at home a while back on Safari/Mavericks, as well as some other strange behavior. Logging in to listen stopped the Geico ad loop, and updating flash helped with the rest. Oddly, I can listen at my studio without logging in with no issues. Mountain Lion though...

"Real People, Real Performances."

Quote    Reply   

Iggick

Silverado

#308 [url]

May 19 15 9:08 PM

Super weird...
Working downstairs, listening to PRW Radio.
Go up to get something from the van and SWMBO is watching Dancing with the Stars.
Robert and Kim (yeah, we're on a first name basis) are dancing to
BILLS, BY LUNCH MONEY LEWIS.
I freaking love that song.
Cha-ching!
Congratulations to Lunch Money and Team.

Quote    Reply   

#310 [url]

Jul 18 15 4:19 PM

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but who can tell me about Project 3864? It's making me smile, and sounds vaguely familiar. Like Yes and ELP got married. 

Quote    Reply   

Iggick

Silverado

#311 [url]

Jul 18 15 9:11 PM

Gio, re 3864...
Somewhere around 1980 when Fern was working at Studio One, he approached David Hainey and me about doing a Concept Album.
(David later invented and currently manufactures the Zendrum: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zendrum-Corporation/125010544947 )
David and I wrote the songs. Dave played drums, I did guitar and vocals. We were fortunate to get two really fine musicians to join in the madness:Tommy Vickery on bass and
Mark Denning on keyboards. Mark, sadly, died a few years ago.

The "concept" was for each song to be about a classic movie or literary monster, the current offering being Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.
That was the only tune completely finished, although a few others got close.

Fern produced and tracked it and just recently did the mix. Rodney Mills, appropriately, mastered it.

I'm glad it makes you smile and the influences you hear are spot on.
Thanks so much!

Quote    Reply   

#313 [url]

Jul 22 15 4:46 PM

Oh yeah, slipped my mind to comment a while back but this just came on again and reminded me... "Adios Patria" - Margarita and the Limes.

Really something special there.

Thanks to whomever submitted that.

Quote    Reply   

duskb

Platinum Blonde

#314 [url]

Jul 24 15 11:49 AM

gio wrote:
Oh yeah, slipped my mind to comment a while back but this just came on again and reminded me... "Adios Patria" - Margarita and the Limes.

Really something special there.

Thanks to whomever submitted that.

Thanks Gio. I need to forward your comment to the artist. She has been confused by the state of music lately and not sure what to do next.

EDIT: I should mention that Carter mixed that for me.

----
Dusk Bennett
Engineering/Production/Educator
Los Angeles Ca
Award Winning Engineering
www.duskbennett.com

Last Edited By: duskb Jul 24 15 12:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

7seas

Gold Finger

#315 [url]

Jul 27 15 6:25 AM

After 3 months of waiting for my ADSL Internet to be installed, I finally have been able to listen properly to PRW radio. I'm loving it. So good to listen to. It's very inspiring to hear the sounds you guys create, and a great learning experience. On top of that there is so much that I would probably never have heard if it were not for PRW Radio. Tonight's faves were Lisa Markley - Eve Takes The Fall and Sestra - Made Up Minds. Also nice guitar on Wierds Deluxe - Peace and Love (hope that's right).
cheers

Richard

Quote    Reply   

mcallister

Gold Finger

#316 [url]

Jul 28 15 10:17 AM

7seas wrote:
Also nice guitar on Wierdo Deluxe - Peace and Love (hope that's right).

Having a song mentioned here is as cool as the first time I heard something of mine playing on the radio.
Cooler, in a way, considering the sea of talent.

Nice ears for that guitar. That's Dave Gregory (XTC, Big Big Train, and others). He made & played a peach of a part.

You made me smile. Thank you.

Quote    Reply   

graham

Tin Man

#317 [url]

Jul 28 15 11:34 AM

7seas wrote:
After 3 months of waiting for my ADSL Internet to be installed, I finally have been able to listen properly to PRW radio. I'm loving it. So good to listen to. It's very inspiring to hear the sounds you guys create, and a great learning experience. On top of that there is so much that I would probably never have heard if it were not for PRW Radio. Tonight's faves were Lisa Markley - Eve Takes The Fall and Sestra - Made Up Minds. Also nice guitar on Wierds Deluxe - Peace and Love (hope that's right).
cheers

Thanks! Lisa Markley is an amazing artist. Cheers!

Quote    Reply   

7seas

Gold Finger

#318 [url]

Jul 29 15 2:40 AM

You are both very welcome, and thanks for the compliment on 'the ears'. Being a complete home studio guy, I don't get to hear this quality material often, or get to compare my ears with others. I'm so enjoying the reproduction of sounds on this station. It's giving me real inspiration, and great to hear such a variety of talent as well.
More please 

Richard

Quote    Reply   

#319 [url]

Sep 17 15 7:20 AM

I've been home a lot lately, recovering, so PRW Radio has been playing here quite a bit. How long is the playlist now? It seems I hear many of the same songs every day. Granted, it's always around the same time of day. Seems like I may be missing stuff that plays overnight.... how does it work? 

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#320 [url]

Sep 17 15 7:29 AM

I'm scared to submit anymore! Ultimately…. it makes me feel like a punk by trying to hang alongside music I grew up being inspired by in many cases.

I will probably submit more at some point, but I just want to say that for the record.

To quote Wayne's World: "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!".

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help