has2

Platinum Blonde

#21 [url]

Feb 12 15 5:19 PM

Fantastic!

So... I hit play and the first track I hear is Levin Bros. Bassics. Fantastic!
I know this is going to be my new go to station!

Quote    Reply   

dr funk

Platinum Blonde

#22 [url]

Feb 12 15 5:20 PM

Thanks so much for doing this, Terry. I'm really enjoying listening to all the tracks!

I take it there's no way to add any more info fields on the player? A forum ID to go with each track would be great!

Streaming fine here on Firefox, Windows 7, btw.

Frank

Quote    Reply   

organica

Gold Finger

#23 [url]

Feb 12 15 5:27 PM

zmixJesus 128kbps is tough to take...

Have you tried Muhammad 128?  or maybe Buddha:) 

Playing great on Safari here. Thanks for doing this, informative for sure

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#24 [url]

Feb 12 15 5:31 PM

Hmmm, it is probably slightly "not normal," but perhaps I could try putting a forum name in parens in the sng title…

Oops, no, then you wouldn't get paid perf royalty.

Will think about this. As usual, I am slightly hand-tied by Provider software and regs.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#25 [url]

Feb 12 15 5:57 PM

OK, we went ahead and upgraded (meaning, spent more money), so now we can accommodate a lot more tracks (keep sending them in, or suggesting classics made my Members), and we also now can have LOTS more listeners at one time.

Also, any ideas for special programs, interviews, anything that would interest PRW.

Thanks all, happy listening.

/

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#26 [url]

Feb 12 15 6:18 PM

In regards to hearing yourself up against others. I for one, can tell you right now that in my head i am already redoing mixes, and redoing my current one in real life because I WANT to be better now. I am ok with what I sent in because its a reflection of where I was at (haha, 2 weeks and I WAS at) but the amazing depth and clarity of so much of this stuff is amazing

Terry I know the artist name is on who plays, but it would be cool to know which member did what if possible? i don't know who produced/Engineered what i am hearing, unless i am looking in the wrong place?

Also in terms of special programming, i think having an interview with the mods here would be great. anyone here who is able to be a mod i would like to get know more about. Or maybe pick an album they worked on and have it be about that album with them and combining some music with their story

wow, "Contra Band", Blues for Matt, this is great!

Last Edited By: trock Feb 12 15 6:21 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#27 [url]

Feb 12 15 6:55 PM

has2 wrote:
So... I hit play and the first track I hear is Levin Bros. Bassics. Fantastic!
I know this is going to be my new go to station!

It was a great record to work on. Basics has Gadd playing drums on it!

Tony and Pete are about to start touring this record, I highly suggest seeing them in person. If you do just tell them your a friend of mine and I'm sure they'll have a few colorful stories to tell you. 

See  their site at  Thelevinbrothers.com for tour dates and locations. 

A lot lot of great music I'm hearing on PRW  this is great. 

Last Edited By: silvertone Feb 12 15 7:14 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#28 [url]

Feb 12 15 7:05 PM

trock wrote:

wow, "Contra Band", Blues for Matt, this is great!

Thank you man. That's me and a couple friends jamming live. Tommy, the guitarist on the song brother had just died of a heroine overdose (no one even knew he was hooked or using), very sad. When we got done with that jam Tommy asked "can we call this Blues for Matt" and everybody agreed it was an appropriate name for the song. 

I just heard my other project, Joe Pie Weed and the song Heidi Ho as I was writing this... So cool. Thank you Terry, first time I ever heard me on the radio playing one of my own songs. 

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#29 [url]

Feb 12 15 7:20 PM

trock wrote:

...Terry I know the artist name is on who plays, but it would be cool to know which member did what if possible? i don't know who produced/Engineered what i am hearing, unless i am looking in the wrong place?

Also in terms of special programming, i think having an interview with the mods here would be great. anyone here who is able to be a mod i would like to get know more about. Or maybe pick an album they worked on and have it be about that album with them and combining some music with their story...

Hi Tim, thanks. Unfortunately I can;t find any way that we can legally display the "extra credit" information. We have to abide by FCC statutes, as this is classified as a legal broadcast station, and they only have certain information that can be made available. Anything you have questions about, just ask here, that's what this thread is for.

And yes, I have been thinking about some special programs with Moderator interviews, as well as occasionally interviews with artists in for recording.

Will let everyone know of course when we are able to do such special shows.

More tracks are arriving, thanks everyone.

/

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#30 [url]

Feb 12 15 8:37 PM

I really enjoyed it during my workout. No dropouts, the ads were about 25 minutes apart, so plenty of uninterrupted music. My only nit was I was on earphones and a couple of songs were significantly louder and had me desperately reaching for the volume.

1. Can we contribute to the cost? I feel guilty. I looked up the fees. Not sure I want to give "them" $60, but I could PayPal a donation to the cause

2. Perhaps you could create a separate sub-forum for the radio station. Each song in rotation gets a post under its title; contributor puts credits, anecdotes, etc. listeners can ask questions and comments. Then you could use the forum search to look up a song you like and get info

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#32 [url]

Feb 12 15 8:59 PM

Thanks for the offer, we shall see about a contributions option.

As for the volume changes, they have a normalization feature when we upload the tracks, but I chose not to use it.

Does everyone think it would be better to normalize???

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#33 [url]

Feb 12 15 9:06 PM

I don't think so - some tracks were meant to be softer and some louder. I'd leave them as they are. The differences are interesting in themselves.

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#34 [url]

Feb 12 15 9:08 PM

I really Like "Jimmy Barnes" Waiting for the heartache. it has a throw back sound that I love, and grew up with. catchy and great mix and i like the song alot

Quote    Reply   

morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#36 [url]

Feb 12 15 9:15 PM

seth wrote:
I don't think so - some tracks were meant to be softer and some louder. I'd leave them as they are. The differences are interesting in themselves.

i agree. the differences aren't so drastic that they're annoying.

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#37 [url]

Feb 12 15 10:41 PM

Really great stuff peeps! I just spent a pleasant hour listening to new music, which I probably wouldn't have done if it wasn't from here. Very high caliber. Thanks Terry!

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#38 [url]

Feb 13 15 12:15 AM

ktownson wrote:
Perhaps you could create a separate sub-forum for the radio station. Each song in rotation gets a post under its title; contributor puts credits, anecdotes, etc. listeners can ask questions and comments. Then you could use the forum search to look up a song you like and get info

I like this idea-- perhaps it could even be done in a single thread-- rather than waiting for people to ask, we could just have one comprehensive (alphabetical?) post (sticky?) that is kept up-to-date as new material is added?

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

harland

Gold Finger

#40 [url]

Feb 13 15 2:01 AM

I assume that when PT 9 bounces to MP3 @ 128 and 44.1 that it is automatically jst, yes? I did select interleaved during the bounce dialogue.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help