silvertone

Aqua Marine

#41 [url]

Feb 13 15 8:04 AM

morespaceecho wrote:
i like that too. 

larry silvertone i dug all your stuff! great sounds and nice relaxed vibe on all of it.

Thank you, that is so much appreciated. I usually think what I do is only so-so. I debated even posting any of my own music. All the positive replies I've gotten have been very inspirational for me. Thank you, I am humbled. 

On the Joe Pie Weed stuff that is me playing everything but the lead parts, on the Contra Band stuff I'm mainly playing bass guitar only (or Chapman Stick). 

Almost all of my music is just what my muse feeds me. I never intentionally write music or words,  it all happens spontaneously and usually when I'm testing out a piece of gear or when I'm just hanging with friends and partying. 

All my my gear is kept mic'd up at all times, all I have to do is open/start a session, arm tracks and we are ready to go. Takes all of 3 minutes to get ready.  Inspiration at a moments notice... no problem. 

What at you are hearing is mainly old Langevin and Electrodyne tube gear with a little Quad Eight and Melcor mixed in. 

I have dug everything I've heard so far, great music and taste all the PRW members have.  I listened for about 2 hours last night after we got done looking at B&B's over hear on the cape. What fun... Keep the killer music coming!

Thanks again Terry!

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#45 [url]

Feb 13 15 9:37 AM

I was able to listen last night after all the kids and mayhem were asleep, and i was just doing some stuff on the computer. its a great mix of music and i am blwon away at how great the songs sound. i mean that to, and its like 128K! I like hearing what everyone is working on. its almsot kind of fun to just post one that jumps out at you and THEN find out who worked on it, like a mystery.

Quote    Reply   

organica

Gold Finger

#46 [url]

Feb 13 15 9:45 AM

compasspnt wrote:
Thanks for the offer, we shall see about a contributions option.

As for the volume changes, they have a normalization feature when we upload the tracks, but I chose not to use it.

Does everyone think it would be better to normalize???

Please, do not. I also agree the variance makes it more interesting. Great material coming through!

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#48 [url]

Feb 13 15 12:46 PM

Ok Dani Paige Band "Stand and Deliver", i have that chorus stuck in my head now! great song, who worked on this?

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#49 [url]

Feb 13 15 4:53 PM

Terry "It's You (Beacon)", I love it. Cool Beatles influence.

Listening to "Stand and Deliver" (Dani Paige Band) right now, great song.

Jose James "Angel" Leslie guitar parts up the Wazoo... So cool to hear all this material.

Guess I better get my songs registered with BMI, it's only been 30 years since I registered anything. I take it that it can all be done online now?

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#50 [url]

Feb 13 15 5:38 PM

silvertone wrote:
Terry "It's You (Beacon)", I love it. Cool Beatles influence.

….

Guess I better get my songs registered with BMI, it's only been 30 years since I registered anything. I take it that it can all be done online now?

Thanks so much! It has been released now for almost 2 weeks, and has done very well already! Much appreciated.

And yes, BMI song reg and sign up for both composers and publishers can all be done online now at bmi dot com.

PS, you may have already missed some performance royalties...hopefully they will "catch up."

Last Edited By: compasspnt Feb 13 15 5:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

jesse decarlo

Platinum Blonde

#51 [url]

Feb 13 15 5:45 PM

silvertone wrote:
Listening to "Stand and Deliver" (Dani Paige Band) right now, great song.

Thanks Larry!

trock wrote:
Ok Dani Paige Band "Stand and Deliver", i have that chorus stuck in my head now! great song, who worked on this?

And thank you as well!  Dani Paige Band is a partnership between Dani (the singer) and me.  She and I write together, and I play guitar as well as produce/record/mix.  And Bob Ohlsson mastered this one for us!

If you'd like to hear more you can find us on the usual digital music outlets, or check out our web site: http://www.danipaigeband.com.

Compliments from you guys here really mean a lot to me.

Last Edited By: jesse decarlo Feb 13 15 5:56 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

spiritwalker

Aqua Marine

#52 [url]

Feb 13 15 5:59 PM

Is there a daily listing of what's been played?

I heard a song earlier today it starts as an acoustic blues tune and then the band comes in. Great lyrics but it got lost in my daily pile today.
It made me chuckle.

OK it's cold here

Quote    Reply   

trock

Platinum Blonde

#53 [url]

Feb 13 15 6:30 PM

I wanted to add, that thanks to some helpful tips from Terry, I registered online at BMI and i uploaded 2 of the 3 songs i submitted here. I am still looking for the publishing company part, but for now i just followed the instructions so my total was 200%, although i am not sure what that is for.

so BMI is very user friendly so far for me

Quote    Reply   

tb av

Platinum Blonde

#54 [url]

Feb 13 15 7:42 PM

Nice stuff guys... I haven't heard a song that I don't like. I can't figure how to search back and figure what I listened to either.

I remember a couple.. one was meat & potatoes and another something damage... no idea who's who though.

There was some really nice playing on them though.

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#56 [url]

Feb 13 15 9:00 PM

tb av wrote:

I remember a couple.. one was meat & potatoes and another something damage... no idea who's who though.

"something damage" may be referring to a couple tunes I have up there, from my "data damage" project. If so, thanks! If not, sorry for stealing "something damage"'s praise! :)

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#57 [url]

Feb 13 15 9:22 PM

silvertone wrote:

Jose James "Angel" Leslie guitar parts up the Wazoo... So cool to hear all this material.

You called it! That was a hot-rodded Tokai strat I put together into a Moviola URS-1 film editing amp into a Leslie 18 cabinet with the crossover removed. I played the guitar and also got a "co-producer" credit, though the real producers were JJ and Brian Bender, who I believe is registered here but doesn't really do the forum thing. BB also recorded it. I believe it was a pair of 4038s on either side of the rotating drum.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#58 [url]

Feb 13 15 9:24 PM

seth wrote:
Terry did you do the orchestration to "Walk On By"?

Unfortunately, no. That was an arranger named Johnny Allen, who had worked previously at Motown, and then came down to Stax.

He worked usually with players from The Detroit Symphony.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#59 [url]

Feb 13 15 9:44 PM

First Day Report for PRW Radio

On our first day of broadcasting there were 187 streams launched, and the average listening time was just under 30 minutes!

Amazing.

Thanks so much to everyone for the support, the great music sent in, and the rampaging success of PRW Radio!

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#60 [url]

Feb 14 15 7:36 AM

tb av wrote:
Nice stuff guys... I haven't heard a song that I don't like. I can't figure how to search back and figure what I listened to either.

There was some really nice playing on them though.

Meat and Potatoes ( by Contra Band) was me and a couple friends of mine. Me on bass, Tony Perrino (Great Southern, Toler Brothers Band, Allman brother alumni) on my M100, Tommy Murphy (owner of Parkway Music) playing his L5 and Dave Maijazeca (Clifton Chenier) on percussion.  Just one of our "stoner jams" as we like to call them. 

Last Edited By: silvertone Feb 14 15 8:08 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help