stamaudio

New Forum Friend

Lead

Mar 11 15 9:58 AM

Tags : : , , , ,

http://stamaudio.com/home/sa2a.html

Happy to introduce to the forum something I have been working on for a long time. An affordable LA-2A reproduction with premium components.

The SA-2A is a faithful reproduction of the classic Teletronix LA-2A compressor. It has a fully discrete signal path and uses Drip's Electronics T4B Opto-cell, Cinemag transformers and NOS 12AX7, 12BH7 and 6AQ5 tubes. The LA-2A is the most regarded and sought after compressor in the world that has been used on thousands of hit songs. We have gone to great length to faithfully reproduce the natural compression and vintage characteristics by developing custom transformers to match the frequency response found on the original UTC transformers and using an identical Opto-cell from Drip Electronics to match the fixed attack and release response found in the original LA-2A. And, for the first time ever: It’s affordable!

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:

True to the original LA-2A Schematic
Drip Electronics T4B optical attenuator system
Custom Cinemag input and output transformers
12AX7 (2), 12BH7 and 6AQ5 NOS Tubes
Completely discrete signal path
10 milliseconds attack time
0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
0 to 35dB of gain
Compressor and Limiter mode
Less than 0.5% THD
XLR and TRS inputs
XLR and TRS outputs
Voltage switch selector (110V or 220V)
Final assembly by hand in Chile
1 year warranty
30 day money back guarantee

Stock Price: USD990.00 - Pre-order price: USD790.00 
To pre-order please contact me at stamaudio@gmail.com
Only 100 units available for pre-orders.

Last Edited By: compasspnt Mar 21 15 8:26 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#3 [url]

Mar 21 15 7:42 AM

So can you tell us more about how you can bring such a product to market so inexpensively? Is it just inexpensive overseas labor, or were other cost-saving measures employed?

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

stamaudio

New Forum Friend

#4 [url]

Mar 31 15 8:03 AM

We only use premium components. Cinemag transformers, Drip-s T4B and NOS Tubes as well as dakaware knobs. This are all expensive parts but when bought in a large batch there is quite a drastic disccount.

If you add that to the fact that I don't use retailers nor distributors and that I operate with small margins can explain how I managed to get the price to this point.

I could probably have charged quite a bit more, but I am not interested in that, I rather quantities.

Cheers,
Joshua

Quote    Reply   

mmcginnis

Silverado

#5 [url]

Oct 2 15 6:50 AM

FYI from Joshua...

"All units shipped with the switch at 230V in the back.

This is what the back of your unit should look like before you power it if you are in the US or Canada.

DO NOT POWER THE UNIT UNTIL YOU SWITCH THE 230 VOLT to 115V.

Please spread the word."

Michael McGinnis

www.mcginnisproductions.com

Quote    Reply   

mmcginnis

Silverado

#6 [url]

Oct 7 15 8:21 PM

Ok, just a quick note.

I've had a chance to use this box for a couple of days now on some mixes I'm doing. I really like it so far! I've not used an LA2A so I have no basis of comparison on that front, but it's definitely good sounding to my ear at this early stage.

Michael McGinnis

www.mcginnisproductions.com

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help