kingfish

Gold Finger

Lead

Apr 9 15 1:52 AM

Tags : :

I've got to record a rock band Live at The Hollywood Bowl, with a Symphony later this year. 

I know my input list is going to be massive, and I'm not really comfortable with Digital Consoles I don't know (that alot of these trucks are fitted with), or Digital broadcast consoles. 

Anyone know what my options out there are? Like a Really big SSL's in a truck, in LA area?

David

Quote    Reply   

drknob

Gold Finger

#5 [url]

Apr 10 15 8:09 AM

Guy's (pronounced ghee'z) truck is designed and maintained to a very high standard. He's somewhat modest on his website, but he's done some big, big stuff.

Funny note: the first Studer A800 in North America was installed, not in some high end studio, but in Guy's old 'Filtroson' truck in Montreal.

Harold Kilianski

Music Industry Arts
Fanshawe College

Last Edited By: drknob Apr 10 15 8:26 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

injured ear

Silverado

#6 [url]

Apr 10 15 9:31 AM

drknob wrote:
Guy's (pronounced ghee'z) truck is designed and maintained to a very high standard. He's somewhat modest on his website, but he's done some big, big stuff.

This is quite the understatement.

Greg Thompson

www.injured-ear.com

Quote    Reply   

berolzheimer

Aqua Marine

#7 [url]

Apr 24 15 12:03 PM

Indeed, a friend of mine used to be the receptionist at Leeds, Guy's rehearsal studio complex/parking space for the truck.  The acts that came through there were all the top headliners of the day. 
She had some great stories, I loved the one about Alice Cooper bringing her homemade organic oatmeal-raisin cookies.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help