adam brown

Gold Finger

#62 [url]

Jan 30 16 8:48 AM

silvertone wrote:
Congrats Adam... So now it really begins!

Hopefully without the standard complimentary ulsers. I really can do without those.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#64 [url]

Jan 30 16 3:11 PM

Iggick wrote:
podgorny wrote:
adam brown wrote:

compasspnt wrote:
Sounds interesting.

And only 5-6 toms too many!

Ok so on your recommendation, I will cut it to 5 toms, and 3 snare drums. Well actually, I've decided to save money. Turns out Craviotto is mighty proud of his drums. I guess they aren't made in China.

Only one splash cymbal?

That's only ONE too many!

Quote    Reply   

podgorny

Platinum Blonde

#65 [url]

Jan 30 16 4:46 PM

A little background about that kit. It was built for a Nashville session player with the intention of being able to build any necessary kit from matching components - hence the mix of standard and concert toms. It was only set up like this for a photo shoot for Craviotto. And I'm fairly certain the splash cymbal is there as a joke.

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#67 [url]

Feb 1 16 11:07 AM

One aspect I'm almost positive about seeing implemented in the first cocktail drum kit I ever saw (the type with the snare and kick combined in the same drum) was that you could open the drum up and put stuff inside (sticks, pedal, etc) when you moved it from gig to gig.  And the Wikipedia picture shows an implementation that is similar to what I would identify as a cocktail drum kit, but not the actual 1 piece snare/kick drum that had been identified to me as a cocktail drum set.  But some of this might be like playing a wedding in Boston was called a 'GB gig' (General Business), whereas in Los Angeles, it's called playing a 'casual'.  

Quote    Reply   

jesse decarlo

Platinum Blonde

#68 [url]

Feb 1 16 12:04 PM

Yeah! Anybody know where this use of the word "casual" originated? It has always seemed odd to me that casuals are the gigs for which I have to wear a suit.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#69 [url]

Feb 8 16 9:39 PM

maarvold wrote:
 But some of this might be like playing a wedding in Boston was called a 'GB gig' (General Business), whereas in Los Angeles, it's called playing a 'casual'.  

In NY it's called a club date.

Quote    Reply   

adam brown

Gold Finger

#71 [url]

Apr 9 16 2:16 PM

Ok. I must of been delusional.

I've secured my house finacially. I've been living in it since Feb 3rd, 2016.

If I smoked weed, I'd say having my own studio at this point is a pipe dream. How can I possibly afford it? I don't even smoke weed. Just every month regular bills takes almost everything, if I want to eat. I'll be dead by the time I could get it all together. ****!

Quote    Reply   

jaykadis

Platinum Blonde

#73 [url]

Apr 10 16 10:36 AM

A formal home studio is not necessary to make good recordings. I had a converted garage studio in my former home and intended to built a nice big one when we moved into our current house. After figuring out how much it would cost to build a traditional studio the right way, I decided I didn't want to spend that much to modify the house in a way no one else would want if we ever have to sell. What I did discover is that with double-pane windows, the background noise level was almost always low enough to record in the living room, which it turns out sounds pretty good as it is. I'd recommend working with what you have and see how far you can get.

Quote    Reply   

adam brown

Gold Finger

#75 [url]

Apr 30 16 9:23 AM

fourloudbarks wrote:
 "I've secured my house finacially. I've been living in it since Feb 3rd, 2016."

Adam:    Congratulations on acquiring the most critical element of your studio!     

Thanks.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help