jerry tubb

Gold Finger

Lead

Dec 18 15 6:02 AM

Tags : :

Maybe I'm late to the party!

but my client yesterday showed up with a QZ country code, I said there must be a mistake, he being an attorney showed me the evidence on his iPhone.

"the United States until late 2015 this was “US” or "QM" but after this date, it became “QZ” for new registrant code allocations."

Brought a smile to my face.

best, JT

Quote    Reply   

aleatoric

Gold Finger

#2 [url]

Dec 18 15 9:34 PM

Good to know!

I remember when “QM” became the new country code for ISRC codes in the US and I had to Google around a bit before embedding to make sure it wasn’t an error on the clients end.  This post will surely save me some inevitable future head scratching.   image

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#4 [url]

Feb 22 17 10:53 AM

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm a "US" registrant. I don't have to re-register, do I? My old code is still good, isn't it?

Quote    Reply   

waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#5 [url]

Feb 22 17 5:45 PM

seth wrote:
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm a "US" registrant. I don't have to re-register, do I? My old code is still good, isn't it?

Yes.  Once you were assigned the initial code you would just bring the number up incrementally.
The registrant code will stay with you for life.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#6 [url]

Feb 22 17 6:05 PM

waltzmastering wrote:

seth wrote:

Yes.  Once you were assigned the initial code you would just bring the number up incrementally.
The registrant code will stay with you for life.

Thank you, Tom. Sounds a little like a fungus....

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help