hallams

Platinum Blonde

#2 [url]

Jul 22 16 5:20 AM

went to his youtube page called Russianvids - YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTrZJrLbsoN171bMFQKN5Xw/videos

...33,842 subscribers • 7,815,092 views.

Billy Graham And Freemason Televangelist Exposed

4,643 views 9 hours ago

French Hoax

4,109 views10 hours ago

DNews "Debunking The Flat Earth" Exposed

10,149 views13 hours ago

.............50 videos uploaded in the last two weeks all with 10, 18 or 20 thousand views!  310 videos in the last 3 months
Hmmm must be earning a few dollars

Hallamsound Productions.

Last Edited By: hallams Jul 22 16 5:31 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#4 [url]

Jul 22 16 7:01 AM

And we just gave him at least four more views.

I'm going to go huff a case of Krylon and write some songs about flat earth and media conspiracies...should make a fortune.

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#5 [url]

Jul 22 16 7:14 AM

12,400,000 views is worth $355.00 at most? That's $.000029 per view. Time to start selling tube socks at carnivals and festivals.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#7 [url]

Jul 22 16 6:21 PM

Well this has important ramifications. Looking at his Earth diagram, I have a solution for rising seal levels caused by global warming........ Lay a drainage pipe through the south pole, or should I say the south circumference, to the edge of the earth and turn the valve on when the need arises. However this does not solve the global warming issue because as temps rise and the south polar ring melts and shrinks, there may well be a breach of the edge resulting in the loss a large volume of the southern ocean. Perhaps the resources budgeted for Trump's Great Mexican Wall would be better spent on a Great Southern Global Ring Wall?

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#8 [url]

Jul 22 16 7:15 PM

I felt dirty for spending even 30 seconds watching that video.  I was sorry to have added a "view" to his count.  Sometimes I enjoy trolling people about the Earth being flat... I can only hope that's what he's doing, but I fear not.

Quote    Reply   

John Eppstein

Platinum Blonde

#13 [url]

Nov 4 16 12:41 AM

Everybody knows that the world is a gigantic disk, more or less flat, which rests on the backs of four huge elephants standing on the back of a collossal turtle named A'tuin, which swims through space.

If you don't understand this basic fact you need to read more Terry Pratchett.

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#15 [url]

Nov 7 16 7:27 AM

Ideological spectra used to be described as a sort of line from left-to-right, with a continuum of ideas in the center.

Nowadays, it would be much more accurately described as a sort of electron cloud, with fact in the middle and a diffuse electron cloud of conspiracy theory-believing gullible folks, each with an individual version of 'the truth', floating out in space (their coordinates determined by the precise collection of poorly- or non-sourced and attributed "news" they are fed from their social media timeline).

I've seen some astonishingly blinkered stuff that is REALLY believed by some people whom I thought were otherwise intelligent. Put something in front of someone in "article" form or junk science video form and it seems like many folks will believe anything.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#16 [url]

Nov 7 16 8:18 AM

It's why the divide and conquer mentality works so well. Many a person can't think for themselves. Follow me or your wrong. Who wants to be wrong?

We live in "interesting times" that's for sure. Let's hope the Chinese proverb doesntnplay out...

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#17 [url]

Nov 7 16 4:50 PM

soapfoot wrote:
Ideological spectra used to be described as a sort of line from left-to-right, with a continuum of ideas in the center.

Nowadays, it would be much more accurately described as a sort of electron cloud, with fact in the middle and a diffuse electron cloud of conspiracy theory-believing gullible folks, each with an individual version of 'the truth', floating out in space (their coordinates determined by the precise collection of poorly- or non-sourced and attributed "news" they are fed from their social media timeline).

I've seen some astonishingly blinkered stuff that is REALLY believed by some people whom I thought were otherwise intelligent. Put something in front of someone in "article" form or junk science video form and it seems like many folks will believe anything.

+1.
This has been amazing to see as the internet has become ubiquitous since the late 90's. I think to some extent it has a destabilising effect or undercurrent in society. In many ways it is the result of the failure of education to teach people to think critically, evaluate assumptions, and generally think for themselvs.
[url=

Hallamsound Productions.

Last Edited By: hallams Nov 7 16 4:57 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#18 [url]

Nov 8 16 8:12 AM

hallams wrote:

soapfoot wrote:

+1.
This has been amazing to see as the internet has become ubiquitous since the late 90's. I think to some extent it has a destabilising effect or undercurrent in society. In many ways it is the result of the failure of education to teach people to think critically, evaluate assumptions, and generally think for themselvs.

"I think to some extent it has a destabilising effect or undercurrent in society."

I agree, and I think this is probably normal, actually. Any time an entire new means of communication occurs like that, a paradigm shift of some magnitude is to be expected.

The creation of the internet is probably on par with the creation of the printing press... or at the very least, radio, television, telegraphy, and telephony. 

And with a new means of communication, people will start out naive and gullible. How long after the printing press did it take for someone to coin the phrase "you can't believe everything you read"? I can't imagine that it was less than two generations, at least.

Most people (perhaps except the extremely young) have been conditioned to more-or-less trust things that look like "news." It seems subconsciously beyond the pale to most that something that looks, walks, and quacks like an online news source could be completely false, so we unconsciously give it the benefit of the doubt. Particularly if it's telling us somethng we want to believe, or validates a longstanding fear we've had, or neatly explains something that's always confounded us.

But we'll adjust. Once enough time passes for us to be able to see the red flags of bogus online "news," it will be less of a threat. It might take becoming more cynical and skeptical. The question is... how big will we have to screw up to learn our lesson?

brad allen williams

Last Edited By: soapfoot Nov 8 16 8:15 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help