chance

Aqua Marine

#21 [url]

Aug 5 16 10:10 AM

At my local coin operated car wash, there are 2 rinse options. 1 Regular which is high pressure, and 2 spot free which is low pressure. The spot free rinse will air dry leaving no residue or spots. Could this be de ionized water? Perhaps if I try what Zellman used (Fantastic) to clean the pots & switches, then rinse with tap water and go to my local coin op car wash and use their low pressure spot free rinse to remove the tap water.
The ultrasonic transducers and generators are quite pricey, for a one time use.

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#28 [url]

Mar 6 17 3:44 PM

compasspnt wrote:
Cleaning a desk always scares me.

I'm terrified! I Have a 2 week window with no work and can't take these noisey pots any more. I have a gallon of DI water. Is that better than RO  or distilled water?

Chance Pataki The Musicians Workshop www.the-musicians-workshop.com musicians.workshop@gte.net

Quote    Reply   

queef bag

Platinum Blonde

#30 [url]

Mar 6 17 4:33 PM

water can be a big part of meditation....

i hear pure H20 is an insulator. it is the salts in the water that conduct electricity.
you could in theory jump into a tub of pure water, knock a plugged in radio into it and be fine.
unless you were to sweat about it.

i think someone on mythbusters would die trying that one.

but that may be why water is rated in ohms.

jf

Quote    Reply   

Mike Rivers

Aqua Marine

#31 [url]

Mar 6 17 6:34 PM

chance wrote:
The lab I got the DI water from said it's 18.3 ohms. I never heard of ohms when speaking about water

That'a an incomplete specification, and unless you have some really salty water, it's incorrect as well. The correct term is "specific resistance" and it's the resistance measured by two plates with an area of 1 square centimeter each, 1 centimeter apart, dunked in the water. Pure water measures about 18.2 megohms or as conductivity, its reciprocal, 0.55 microsSiemens. So assuming that "ohms" is water processor slang for megohms x cm, you got a pretty good jug of water.

Of course this is only a measure of the ionic content. You can't measure carbon dioxide absorbed from the atmosphere or organic contamination by measuring electrical resistance.

For a good time, call mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#32 [url]

Mar 6 17 8:05 PM

Well,, I hope it is better than plain old distilled water. I got it from a lab that checks water from all over So. Cal. Big job ahead of me. Switches, pots, and faders to be cleaned comes out to over 2000 not including plugs & jacks. 62 for each channel strip X32imageimage

Chance Pataki The Musicians Workshop www.the-musicians-workshop.com musicians.workshop@gte.net

Quote    Reply   

hank alrich

Platinum Blonde

#33 [url]

Mar 6 17 10:46 PM

queef bag wrote:
water can be a big part of meditation....

i hear pure H20 is an insulator. it is the salts in the water that conduct electricity.
you could in theory jump into a tub of pure water, knock a plugged in radio into it and be fine.
unless you were to sweat about it.

i think someone on mythbusters would die trying that one.

but that may be why water is rated in ohms.

You just could not resist, could you?

hank alrich
http://hankandshaidrimusic.com/
http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#34 [url]

Mar 6 17 10:52 PM

If that's the case, why did someone get electrocuted (but lived) when he walked near a downed power line in the rain? Does rain water contain salt?

Quote    Reply   

Mike Rivers

Aqua Marine

#35 [url]

Mar 7 17 7:34 AM

chance wrote:
If that's the case, why did someone get electrocuted (but lived) when he walked near a downed power line in the rain? Does rain water contain salt?

You can never know what rain will pick up in the atmosphere on its way down from the cloud. Ever hear of acid rain? That conducts electricity. Maybe purple rain does, too. 

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#36 [url]

Mar 7 17 11:46 AM

mikerivers wrote:

chance wrote:

You can never know what rain will pick up in the atmosphere on its way down from the cloud. Ever hear of acid rain? That conducts electricity. Maybe purple rain does, too. 

I just thought of something. Someone walking on the ground, is "grounded" by nature

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#37 [url]

Mar 7 17 7:11 PM

Oh Man!. It's been so long since I've had these strips out. Now I see all the pots I wanted to clean are sandwiched between PCB'simageimagelLooks like the 2 PCB's are soldered together

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#38 [url]

Mar 7 17 7:23 PM

I don't know if it's possible to clean without separating the 2 PCB's I can't get to the ports to clean the potsimageimage

Any ideas how to clean this edge connector receiver? For sure a cotton swab will leave fibers

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#39 [url]

Mar 8 17 3:35 PM

I tried cleaning one strip and realized that I am not equipped to do this mentally or physically. I found a place not too far from me that will ultrasonically clean each strip for $15. They use Brulin 815GD where as Carriage house http://carriagehousemusic.com/featured/ultrasonically-cleaning-an-ssl-4000/ used Valtron which has a little lower ph. I'm going to roll the dice and gamble with the higher ph Brulin 815-GD
I also found out that Brulin is an alkaline cleaner and Valtron which Carriagehouse used, is Acidic if that makes a difference

Last Edited By: chance Mar 8 17 3:56 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Mike Rivers

Aqua Marine

#40 [url]

Mar 8 17 4:59 PM

chance wrote:
I'm going to roll the dice and gamble with the higher ph Brulin 815-GD
I also found out that Brulin is an alkaline cleaner and Valtron which Carriagehouse used, is Acidic if that makes a difference

Accordiing to the Brulin data sheet, it's about 11.5 on the pH scale, somewhere between milk of magnesia and ammonia. See if they can rinse the parts in distilled water after cleaning. That might be a good idea.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help