gold

Platinum Blonde

#61 [url]

Feb 7 17 1:32 AM

morespaceecho wrote:
 i didn't think i'd need it here at the new place so i left it behind. a couple days on the a-frame ladder and i realized the error of my ways. i had to rent a van and go back and get it. it's old and clunky and heavy and missing a wheel....

Those things are $1500-to over $2000 new. I'd have gone back too.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#65 [url]

Feb 7 17 1:19 PM

A friend who is a famous drummer for a very big group was telling me the story of when he was 20, had just got married, and bought his first house.

The roof leaked and the water heater broke the first night, so late that might he called his Father, almost in tears.

His father only said, "It's YOUR house son," and hung up.

Quote    Reply   

waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#67 [url]

Feb 7 17 1:57 PM

morespaceecho wrote:
in other water-related news, apparently our water heater is toast. awesome!

If you got a home inspection before buying, it might be covered.
Our boiler went a week after buying and the guy never checked
if the low water shut-off worked, and it didn't so they covered it.

Just put a new water heater in last month.  $550 for a 40-50 gallan and a couple hundred for installation.
Nice size room!   Good luck!

Quote    Reply   

waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#69 [url]

Feb 7 17 3:07 PM

Water heaters I think, are also rated/guaranteed for a set number of years, (6,10,15 etc) from the date of purchase. 
Might be a sticker on it or maybe could see from the previous owner. gl

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#70 [url]

Feb 7 17 4:11 PM

Did it cause any damage when it failed? Then your insurance would cover it. Floods are not usually covered, mine was because it was due to a mechanical failure.

Quote    Reply   

morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#71 [url]

Feb 7 17 6:15 PM

it hasn't actually failed yet. but it's going to. 

heater company won't cover the warranty, as it only applies to the original purchaser. 

oh well. win some, lose most. 

in better news, i'm so far batting 1.000 with my temporary studio setup, haven't had a revision request yet. remind me again why i'm spending all my time, energy and money building a big fancy studio?

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#72 [url]

Feb 7 17 11:22 PM

morespaceecho wrote:

.....remind me again why i'm spending all my time, energy and money building a big fancy studio?

To impress your clients. Why else? And BTW, that's fine.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#74 [url]

Feb 8 17 11:44 AM

You deserve it. When you put your life on the line to follow a career path, nobody has the right to tell you what's an appropriate or inappropriate expenditure except you. I've spent a good deal of time explaining that to my wife with mixed results....

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#76 [url]

Feb 9 17 10:51 AM

morespaceecho wrote:

Speaking from personal experience, I see you have one more important New England item: the plug-in, oil filled portable radiator.  It can make the difference between, "This sucks" and "I can deal with this".  Since it's not plugged in, you might be drinking the right beverage... depending on the local weather of course.  

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#77 [url]

Feb 9 17 1:07 PM

This time yesterday it was 60º and sunny here. Today it's 24º, I have about 18" of snow and it's still coming down. That's why they say, "If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait"

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help