tb av

Platinum Blonde

#81 [url]

Feb 10 17 10:29 AM

@mse... this may be what's wrong with your hw heater. If you know it going bad... Not sure how you know that other than you don't get much hot water. When the dip tube goes bad, it fills from the top and dilutes the top hot water. Also the lower element may not come on because that water is hot already but never makes it up top because the cold holds it down and as well.

Pretty standard thing to go wrong. Unless you see leaks in which case you better do something fast. Also check your pressure valve and make sure it's working so as not to launch a rocket from MSE Central.

and be sure to CUT THE POWER before working on it.

But you may be able to salvage your heater by just draining it and replacing the dip tube.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/MA/masterplumber911/2014-02-13_210400_broken-dip-tube-full-600.jpg

Quote    Reply   

morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#82 [url]

Feb 10 17 11:14 AM

thanks. i am most definitely not the guy working on it! i don't have any idea how to do this stuff, nor the inclination to learn. the plumber brought the new heater over on wed, he's supposed to come back today and install it.

my mom's sage advice: "write the check and carry on".

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   

tb av

Platinum Blonde

#84 [url]

Feb 11 17 11:14 AM

morespaceecho wrote:
thanks. i am most definitely not the guy working on it! i don't have any idea how to do this stuff, nor the inclination to learn. the plumber brought the new heater over on wed, he's supposed to come back today and install it.

my mom's sage advice: "write the check and carry on".

He may or may not do it,,,, but if your old heater was one where the dip tube did disentrigate you will get little bits of black, what looks like dirt, in your faucet strainers. So if you have faucets with aireators on the end. Remove them and clean them out. Depending on how bad it was you might get a a little smoother flow.... same with shower heads.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help