tbethel

Gold Finger

Lead

Dec 24 16 7:41 AM

Tags : :

It has been down for two days this week and three days last week. There is never an announcement as to why. Just wondering???

-TOM-
Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director, Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
www.acoustikmusik.com/
Celebrating 22 years in business in 2017

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#3 [url]

Dec 24 16 12:51 PM

Yes, I am told by Tech Support that the changeover to new servers takes quite a while, and that when certain things are being done, they purposely take some fora offline so to avoid data loss. They have many hundreds of thousands of fora to deal with.

If what they say is correct, very soon all will be changed, and everything will move faster and be more stable.

/

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#5 [url]

Dec 25 16 12:35 AM

From Tech Support:

Update at 9:15 PM EST on December 23rd 2016

The switch to the new servers have gone well. Most servers are up, and running super fast. No problems have been reported with posting, or slowness.

Our team is still sorting out some things, however.

C7 and C12 are currently under maintenance. The goal of this maintenance is to retrieve the recent posts that were lost. The process is expected to take several hours.

Some profiles have missing skins, friends, messages, etc..  All of those profiles are on the same server and it is being worked on. Everything should return to normal.

Once C12, C7, and the profile server are in good shape, the mail script will be reinstated and notifications will start going through.

For any issues, please feel free to post here, or email support@yuku.com

Please allow extra time to support emails, due to volume.

Joanie and I both asked about the awol profiles but Chris has also noted that things are being worked on, some re-imports have to be done and it can take hours.
The Switching over thread is already large and takes time to read through, sort out what has been answered and what is needed for here. 
Chris is swamped with the support emails, main support board and having to liaison with the tech team. Even if your profile isn't working, you should be able to get to the yuku support board and read what's there.
For anyone who can't, I'll keep trying to pull the info and post it in here.

Quote    Reply   

massive

Tin Man

#6 [url]

Jan 23 17 7:08 PM

(Waking old thread)

This is my first time back here since I'm not sure when. Had it "flagged" in my bookmarks because last time, my anti-virus went absolutely bananas when I loaded the page. Quite some time ago - Probably over a year. Nice to see it humming along.

Quote    Reply   

tbethel

Gold Finger

#7 [url]

Feb 9 17 5:52 AM

It went down for two days again. This is a GREAT forum and I miss reading the posts when it goes down. FWIW

-TOM-
Thomas W. Bethel
www.acoustikmusik.com/

Quote    Reply   

jerry tubb

Gold Finger

#8 [url]

Feb 9 17 7:02 AM

More importantly to me, is there a way to keep this forum from prompting me -each and every time- to download and switch to TapaTalk whenever I load it on my iPad!?!

I jus hit cancel, but it gets annoying, perhaps Terry can forward my beef to the proper authorities :~)>

JT

Quote    Reply   

tbethel

Gold Finger

#9 [url]

Feb 19 17 1:05 PM

This site was non existent this morning. It finally came back a few hours ago. Why does this keep happening? Maybe it is time to find another host???

If it is for maintenance why not do it at night??? ( I realize night for me is day for someone in Australia but...) For a major forum this one recently seems to have a lot of problems with its server/host. Just saying...

-TOM-
Thomas W. Bethel
www.acoustikmusik.com/

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#11 [url]

Feb 21 17 9:56 AM

FWIW, with one small exception a few days ago, the forum has been working well since those first changeover weeks.  I'm in L.A. and generally am on continuously from 6:30 AM until 7:30 or 8, then check in periodically all day until 10 PM.  

Quote    Reply   

tbethel

Gold Finger

#12 [url]

Feb 22 17 6:05 AM

compasspnt wrote:
People, saying things like 'find a new host' sounds so easy…but it is not.

Here we are for now, enjoy.

Seems pretty easy to me. Our two sites are hosted on Blue Host. I cannot remember when the last time our sites were down. (Loud sound of Tom knocking on wood). FWIW

-TOM-
Thomas W. Bethel
www.acoustikmusik.com/

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#14 [url]

Feb 22 17 11:56 AM

CrowdGather owns Yuku which acquired Lefora and many other forum providers. As best as I can piece together the story, a string of acquisitions of smaller forum providers led to attempts to consolidate all the various servers, which led to all the outages and slowdowns. My guess is that the scope of work to make this happen was bigger than they had planned for and they've been playing catchup ever since. 

The alternate theory is that Crowdgather has been pursuing its new interest a bit too enthusiastically, and has become a stoner's paradise.

And, of course, if Terry went to all the trouble (and expense) to move this forum again, who's to say CrowdGather wouldn't swallow the new site up and we'd be back to square one?

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   

scullyfan

Platinum Blonde

#15 [url]

Feb 23 17 7:28 PM

As much as anyone here I enjoy the wealth of knowledge and the spirit of those sharing that knowledge. I feel it is a privilege to be able to participate. I have lost posts (that I failed to save) like others here, but I would personally feel like ungrateful dinner guest if I made a big deal about it. I am glad that Terry puts up with the technical difficulties and the grousing. I think the world is in some small way better because of this place.

Quote    Reply   

tbethel

Gold Finger

#17 [url]

Mar 2 17 6:14 AM

morespaceecho wrote:
*eye roll*

Not sure what that means or what is is referring to? Care to elaborate???

-TOM-
Thomas W. Bethel
www.acoustikmusik.com/

Quote    Reply   

waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#18 [url]

Mar 2 17 7:44 AM

scullyfan wrote:
As much as anyone here I enjoy the wealth of knowledge and the spirit of those sharing that knowledge. I feel it is a privilege to be able to participate. I have lost posts (that I failed to save) like others here, but I would personally feel like ungrateful dinner guest if I made a big deal about it. I am glad that Terry puts up with the technical difficulties and the grousing. I think the world is in some small way better because of this place.

Well put.

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#19 [url]

Mar 2 17 8:41 AM

I feel like most of the complaints are not directed at Terry, but rather at Lefora/Yuku/Crowdgather.

And if Terry is paying for this service, I do think it's reasonable for users to express their frustrations.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#20 [url]

Mar 2 17 10:02 AM

tbethel wrote:
Not sure what that means or what is is referring to? Care to elaborate???

read scullyfan's post. 

you don't think moving a messageboard with thousands of archived messages is more of a hassle than switching host companies for your mastering website? i mean, i don't know. maybe it isn't. but i imagine if it was some simple thing for terry to snap his fingers and move the board to some perfect hosting site, he would do that. 

if i was the one running the board and saw your post, i'd say "fine, YOU take care of it then."

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help