seth

Ruby Baby

#5 [url]

Jan 5 17 1:14 PM

I looked at the Fourier Transform video, but I don't have the math background to understand the equations, unfortunately. I wish I did.

Quote    Reply   

zmix

Aqua Marine

#7 [url]

Jan 14 17 2:47 PM

soapfoot wrote:
By the third video, I was wishing I had tried harder in calculus in college

My Mom (who's 91) recently picked up a College level Calculus book, telling me that she wasn't satisfied with her grasp of it, and wanted to revisit it...

Last Edited By: zmix Jan 14 17 2:50 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

jaykadis

Platinum Blonde

#8 [url]

Jan 14 17 3:57 PM

I got through differential equations (barely). Mostly what I learned is that most differential equations don't have solutions and you need to use other methods anyway. I didn't really "get" physics in college or I would have done a physics or EE degree. Later on, it all made sense when I revisited physics via Halliday, Resnick and Walker 7th edition (I think we used the first edition when I was in college) where they combine the physics and the math as one exercise. My wife got a M.S. in Applied Math a few years ago and she completely understands the math but doesn't care how it applies to physical systems.

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#9 [url]

Jan 14 17 6:15 PM

zmix wrote:

soapfoot wrote:By the third video, I was wishing I had tried harder in calculus in college

My Mom (who's 91) recently picked up a College level Calculus book, telling me that she wasn't satisfied with her grasp of it, and wanted to revisit it...

I was thinking today that I may wish to do the same

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help