kingfish

Gold Finger

Lead

Jan 15 17 3:06 PM

Tags : :

I imagine this thread will get buried fast, I’ll Just leave this here for the search engines.  I'm really looking to find out if there are any working CAD MegaMix installations out in the world. If there are enough of us, (I’m only aware of 3 working systems including mine) I’d like to not only discuss weather anyone has found another MIDI Application that’s capable of reading / writing all of the MegaMix Data, without having to Keep an old mac w/ System 7 running.  Also the MegaMix Application is 112 kb and really only records and plays 24 Parameter / Program Changes. If there are enough of us, willing to approach a programmer, to reverse engineer / and re-code a working Application for OS X, maybe it’d be a simple enough job, if 10 guys were willing to pay $500 bucks, and he could code it in a week.  Curious to see if there are even 10 MegaMix users on the planet.  I’m putting this up on a few forums, to see who’s out there, and if there are enough of us, I may approach a few programmers.  Like to retire my Lil Ol' Mac Classic II

David

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#2 [url]

Jan 15 17 4:14 PM

kingfish wrote:
I imagine this thread will get buried fast, I’ll Just leave this here for the search engines.  I'm really looking to find out if there are any working CAD MegaMix installations out in the world. If there are enough of us, (I’m only aware of 3 working systems including mine) I’d like to not only discuss weather anyone has found another MIDI Application that’s capable of reading / writing all of the MegaMix Data, without having to Keep an old mac w/ System 7 running.  Also the MegaMix Application is 112 kb and really only records and plays 24 Parameter / Program Changes. If there are enough of us, willing to approach a programmer, to reverse engineer / and re-code a working Application for OS X, maybe it’d be a simple enough job, if 10 guys were willing to pay $500 bucks, and he could code it in a week.  Curious to see if there are even 10 MegaMix users on the planet.  I’m putting this up on a few forums, to see who’s out there, and if there are enough of us, I may approach a few programmers.  Like to retire my Lil Ol' Mac Classic II

Can you explain in depth what is going on a little more?

Does each parameter of the CAD system have its own MIDI channel?

Would it be enough to make an app that records and plays back the data that the CAD system makes - presumably recording incoming MIDI data, then playing it back... or would it also need to read the old files?

Last Edited By: gtoledo3 Jan 15 17 4:16 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#3 [url]

Jan 15 17 7:51 PM

As much as I'd love to code something like this, the more I think about it, it probably already exists:

-Duration: https://github.com/YCAMInterlab/Duration

and even better, in very robust form:

-Vezer: http://imimot.com/vezer/

Can interface with a wide variety of hardware, with pretty robust recording, punch-in, algorithmic midi generation, etc.

Probably makes more sense than reinventing the wheel.

(I'm not sure if you already had a developer in mind or were going to solicit for developers.)

Last Edited By: gtoledo3 Jan 15 17 9:12 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

kingfish

Gold Finger

#4 [url]

Jan 15 17 9:25 PM

compasspnt wrote:
Aw….cute li'l thang…

Yes, but it looses it's charm real fast, turning it on, to the same sound as a refrigerator from 1978. 

gtoledo3

As much as I'd love to code something like this, the more I think about it, it probably already exists:

-Duration: https://github.com/YCAMInterlab/Duration

and even better, in very robust form:

-Vezer: http://imimot.com/vezer/

Can interface with a wide variety of hardware, with pretty robust recording, punch-in, algorithmic midi generation, etc.

Probably makes more sense than reinventing the wheel.

(I'm not sure if you already had a developer in mind or were going to solicit for developers.)

Well, there's alot transmitted over Midi, mapped to Buttons in the MegaMix Interface, Such as Read, Write, that happen in "Realtime" without a Sequnce running" the only thing the 3rd party Apps could do, would be read and write "Moves in a sequence" but there's so much more thats just Midi Program Change / Controller info, mapped to a GUI button, exclusively, such as. 

- Individual Channel "Mode" Read, Write, Trim, Latch, as well as Solo, Mute, Group, and Gate Parameters. 
- Global Console Buttons Read, Write, Initial, Join, A Join
- Sequence / Session buttons "Discard & Save"  

Have a look at my little movie. 
imageMegaMix.m4v
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v00vcqu2o4z7ylg/MegaMix.m4v?dl=0

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help