gold

Platinum Blonde

#41 [url]

Jan 31 17 6:48 PM

Sequoia DDP creation has always seemed clunky to me. Since I check it in DDP Creator I figured rewriting it using commonly used software couldn't hurt. DDP Creator automatically generates an md5 checksum. I have another copy of the DDP to null against. I've had DDP creator disagree with Sequoia with CD Text.  It's not a clear superior technical reason. More like the way I do things.

Quote    Reply   

jerry tubb

Gold Finger

#45 [url]

Feb 3 17 6:14 AM

david glasser wrote:
We use DDP Creator to edit metadata when required and add MD5 Checksums, but we always keep and use the original IMAGE.DAT file created, in our case, by soundBlade.

Sounds like we're on the same page DG, in soundBlade & Sonoris land.

best, JT

Quote    Reply   

hnewman

Silverado

#46 [url]

Feb 7 17 5:04 PM

Very interesting for sure.  I always create in Sequoia and QC in Sonoris player, have yet to ever notice any conflict.
Are you able to add more refined metadata in Sonoris creator?

Quote    Reply   

Blue Note

New Forum Friend

#47 [url]

Feb 18 17 8:39 PM

minister wrote:

Blue Note wrote:
I use 2xFs for ingest, unless I'm not doing any DSP (such as for a flat transfer to CD because the client doesn't know what's on tape), but I prefer 88.2 k to 96 k, unless for DVD-V, of course.

Is there an SRC made this Century that sounds better at 2x-->1x, as opposed to any other multiple? 

Yes, the one I use (LE3000S).   Same as at Oasis Mastering where Mr. Schreyer used this SRC for last year's Grammy nominations for Akon, Prince, Jill Scott, and Machine Head.  It's still made.  I bought mine in 2008 (this millennium).   The reason I like is its real-time performance.   Offline is too late for me.   (Mr. Lavry urges users to go from 2xTVFs to 1xTVFs, before going from 1xTVFs to 1xCDFs.    However, I prefer 2xCDFs for archival and DSP and can get the purest real-time SRC to 1xCDFs in just the one pass...) 

Quote    Reply   

minister

Gold Finger

#48 [url]

Feb 19 17 5:50 PM

Blue Note wrote:

minister wrote:

Blue Note wrote:
I use 2xFs for ingest, unless I'm not doing any DSP (such as for a flat transfer to CD because the client doesn't know what's on tape), but I prefer 88.2 k to 96 k, unless for DVD-V, of course.

Is there an SRC made this Century that sounds better at 2x-->1x, as opposed to any other multiple? 

Yes, the one I use (LE3000S).   Same as at Oasis Mastering where Mr. Schreyer used this SRC for last year's Grammy nominations for Akon, Prince, Jill Scott, and Machine Head.  It's still made.  I bought mine in 2008 (this millennium).   The reason I like is its real-time performance.   Offline is too late for me.   (Mr. Lavry urges users to go from 2xTVFs to 1xTVFs, before going from 1xTVFs to 1xCDFs.    However, I prefer 2xCDFs for archival and DSP and can get the purest real-time SRC to 1xCDFs in just the one pass...) 

Wasn't it originally the db technologies LE3000S before the company was rebranded in 2002? Is the tech updated? I am sure it is a very excellent SRC. Nice that it is real time.

Quote    Reply   

Blue Note

New Forum Friend

#49 [url]

Mar 4 17 1:54 AM

It was while using the dba, dB Technologies, that hr. Lavry first made the 3000S SRC. But a sound reinforcement company in Bologna had the name, dB Technologies, since what looks to be 1971. Perhaps this is why the dba was changed, over at Bainbridge Island. I don't know if the algorithms were tweaked over the years, but the present specs are very good, and my clients like the Red Book versions I roll them, which all use the 3kS, after the brick...

Skål, Bløn Øte

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help