seth

Ruby Baby

Lead

Jan 21 17 3:23 PM

Tags : :

Since I updated to IOS 10 I've been having problems with the bluetooth connection between my iPhone and my car, a 2011 Volvo V50. It worked fine before the upgrade to 10, since then my car keeps losing the connection to my phone. Apple said it was my phone and sent me another one - same deal. My daughter has the same phone, an iPhone 6 with the same system, 10.2, and she doesn't seem to have the problem in my car, though I can't swear to that. My wife has an iPhone 7 with IOS 10.2 and has no problem whatever. My local Volvo dealer wouldn't tell me if there's a software or firmware update told me to bring the car in. I called a dealer a little farther away and the service manager tolde me there are no updates and asked if it was an iPhone. I said it was, and he told me there were no updates for the car, but I chould do a hard restart of the phone, which I did. No dofference. Apple sent me another phone - no difference. It's not a matter of life or death unless I get distracted while I'm driving. In any case it is a big PITA. Anybody experienced anything like this? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#1 [url]

Jan 21 17 4:25 PM

Which connectivity profile? For example A2DP or CTP.

(The first is for music, the second is for telephony, there are others like HFP -hands Free Profile, but those are two main ones used in BlueToothhead unit communication.)

Depending on the implementation, you MAY be faced with a head unit swap... I have no issues with the new BMW which uses A2DP for music and also does telephony over a separate profile, and can actually sync with MULTIPLE phones at the same time (color me impressed!) but the Audi only did hands-free telephony. I still have an aftermarket head unit from the Porsche which does phone as well as A2DP music, and that works fine.

Last Edited By: ssltech Jan 21 17 4:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#2 [url]

Jan 22 17 1:37 AM

I think this is an iOS 10 bug, or a bug from the upgrade process itself.

I can think of a few things to try. I don't know if they will work, but they may.

-Sometimes a device profile can get screwed up with on OS upgrade. Try clicking on the "i" by the bluetooth device under My Devices. Then choose the "forget this device" option. Then, reacquire the device.

or

-When the problem starts happening, try flipping to another app that would create sound, like the Phone - dial a number on the keypad, and see if it suddenly comes out of the speakers. Or flip to some other sound generating app and see if it works. Then back to whatever you were listening to music from and see if it is working again.

It may be that it won't get worked out until there is some iOS upgrade.

If you have an analog aux input anywhere it may be worth going with (maybe the center console?).

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#3 [url]

Jan 22 17 1:24 PM

Thanks gents. I only use it with the phone, not music. I do music through the USB connection. The phone, however, doesn't work through the USB port, or if it does I haven't figured out how. I have no idea about the profile except I don't use it for music, and there is a separate hands-free option I haven't tried. I've disconnected the car and the phone several times, deleted them from both, and done a hard restart on the phone. It's just a big pain.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help