gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#2 [url]

Feb 5 17 1:58 PM

Well, people here are really polite to not have chimed with strong opinions that it's super ugly!

Thanks for sparing my feelings :-)

There is just something about this finish that has grown on me over the years. I had a copy Strat that had a finish much like the bottom pic... which I initially thought was horrid. I think that was the gateway. The guitar unfortunately got "borrowed" and never came back.

I particularly like the style with the off white to greenish burst, as opposed to the bright white to grey/black style. The two top pics are Fanos, maybe the Jazzmaster style one too (not sure).

Quote    Reply   

jesse decarlo

Platinum Blonde

#3 [url]

Feb 6 17 10:17 AM

I like it in a nostalgic sort of way. I can't see myself picking out one of those guitars, but when I see them I get a nice warm feeling.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#4 [url]

Feb 6 17 10:33 AM

I don't much care for the hollow-body, but the rest look nice. If they're tremendously good instruments I wouldn't be embarrassed to bring one to a session. Conversely, I once had a very expensive custom-made 5-string bass from a famous maker who shall remain nameless. It was gorgeous, and I hated every note that ever came out of it. Couldn't wait to dump it.

Last Edited By: seth Feb 6 17 10:35 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#5 [url]

Feb 6 17 2:21 PM

I've long had a weak spot for Antigua, though I've never owned a guitar in that finish. Probably because most of the guitars originally offered in that finish don't appeal to me (i.e. Coronado, Fender acoustics), and putting it on something else just doesn't "feel right."

But I do like the look of the original Antigua guitars!

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

spiritwalker

Aqua Marine

#6 [url]

Feb 6 17 4:33 PM

jesse decarlo wrote:
I like it in a nostalgic sort of way. I can't see myself picking out one of those guitars, but when I see them I get a nice warm feeling.

Yes, a nice warm feeling like used to come from the stove I owned in Harvest Gold colour. :)

OK it's cold here

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help