gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#41 [url]

Jan 30 17 4:01 PM

Yes, exactly.

I believe the TL and the TLII both had B-ULS on the other side of the body...but people generally do not refer to either as B-ULS. Neither have transformers. I always thought TL stood for Transformer-Less, but I'm not sure if that's AKG's official note on it.

When I wrote that the B-ULS is the last to have a transformer, I mean the plain B-ULS.

Quote    Reply   

scullyfan

Platinum Blonde

#42 [url]

Jan 30 17 5:46 PM

chance wrote:
Perhaps, just for fun, I'll try splicing the 2 red wires coming out of the mic body, with the 2 red wires that are on each side of the capsule, ground the black wire coming out of the body to the capsule, but the white wire coming out of the body is where I am stumped. If it works, I'll remove the splices and hard wire everything. Perhaps I should put a vom on all the wires with the mic powered up with 48v to see if power is being passed

What do you have to lose except a little bit of time? Wouldn't it be cool if for some unexplainable reason it actually came out sounding like a million dollars. Hopefully it won't sound like a million Yuan :)

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#43 [url]

Jan 30 17 7:11 PM

scullyfan wrote:
What do you have to lose except a little bit of time? Wouldn't it be cool if for some unexplainable reason it actually came out sounding like a million dollars. Hopefully it won't sound like a million Yuan :)

Or $145,299.00US to be exact.

Quote    Reply   

mario i

Platinum Blonde

#45 [url]

Jan 31 17 11:58 AM

On the mic bodies both TL-II and B-ULS have B-ULS on the back of the body.... go figure....

The TL-II (Transformer-less) has gold writing, and sometimes a TL-II marked on the centre plastic piece above the pattern selector.
It also has a Gold Grille...

The B-ULS (With Transformer) has silver writing and sometimes a B-ULS silver written plastic piece above the pattern switch.
Silver Grille.

The inside is different, with the TL having a big capacitor in the middle whereas the B-ULS has a long transformer.... and AFAIR no capacitor...

M

Last Edited By: mario i Jan 31 17 12:06 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help