seth

Ruby Baby

Lead

Jan 30 17 7:21 PM

Tags : :

Hi,

Does anyone have a pdf of a Soundtracs Topaz Manual they could send me? I have a friend who is having a problem with hers and I thought I could help her sort it out if I can get a look.

Thanks!
Quote    Reply   

d gauss

Platinum Blonde

#3 [url]

Jan 31 17 1:33 PM

seth wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have a pdf of a Soundtracs Topaz Manual they could send me? I have a friend who is having a problem with hers and I thought I could help her sort it out if I can get a look.

Thanks!

which version?  the miami vice?  (aqua one).  when i had mine (24 ch miami vice), i got a world of info/parts/help etc.  from this guy in florida:  http://www.thesoundtracsguy.com 

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#4 [url]

Jan 31 17 8:12 PM

Thanks! The brochure was enough to figure it out. She wasn't able to pan things in her headphones. Turns out the guy who hooked up the mixer for her sourced the headphone mix from the "studio" outputs. They should have been sourced from the monitor bus.

Quote    Reply   

Mike Rivers

Aqua Marine

#5 [url]

Feb 1 17 7:22 AM

seth wrote:
Thanks! The brochure was enough to figure it out. She wasn't able to pan things in her headphones. Turns out the guy who hooked up the mixer for her sourced the headphone mix from the "studio" outputs. They should have been sourced from the monitor bus.

That's odd, but some consoles (and programs, too) don't use the same name for the same things. Usually "Studio output" is a copy of the control room (monitor) bus with an on/off switch and sometimes volume control. It's for playback through speakers in the studio. So if she could pan in the main stereo mix she should have also been panning in the Studio mix.

One never knows.

For a good time, call mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#6 [url]

Feb 1 17 9:55 AM

That's what I'd have thought. It's also possible the guy bungled it some other way - I haven't seen the setup in the flesh. But it's working from the monitor bus as long as she flipped the channels, so she's happy.

Quote    Reply   

mario i

Platinum Blonde

#7 [url]

Mar 7 17 2:24 PM

Just curious Seth, are the HP's connected on the top of the console, or a HP amp on the back via XLR?

The "Studio" (XLR or 1/4") output on the back are supposed to be for the Tracking Room speakers mounted on the wall.

The "Control Room" output will mute when engaging the "Talk Back" to avoid feedback from the TB mic.
The "Studio" outs will not mute.

The "Monitor" mix would usually be whatever was send to HP cans, example - Aux 5-6 > Send to Monitor.
Or the "Merge" button on the Master section for the Tape Returns (Red knob above fodder on every channel) "Monitor Mix".

This way you can only monitor Tape Returns to Monitors if you want.

Mario

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#8 [url]

Mar 7 17 8:34 PM

I don't know Mario, I haven't seen the console or the way it's wired. The problem was that she couldn't pan stuff in the cue and didn't know where the cue was derived from. I spent some time with her on the phone and we sorted it out.

Quote    Reply   

mario i

Platinum Blonde

#9 [url]

Mar 8 17 2:33 PM

Good stuff!!

I remember many, many moons ago with an 8 bus console screwing up the outputs, I think I had the 2 track DAT at that time hooked up to the Studio out...
until I realized once when I mistakingly hit the TB button during a bounce to 2 track and thinking WTF was that???

M

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help