WiseMastering

Tin Man

Lead

Feb 15 17 4:25 PM

Tags : :

Which is your approach when you work on mixes with high density in mid - mid/high range?
for example I received several mixes with percussions (transients), cymbals, horns, cajon, and voices a bit inside the mix (folk, latin, flamenco,etc). Mixes sound not harsh, I'm talking about consistency, level and arrangement.
You can't just turn them down with eq or multiband compressor. you loose the vibe.
I tried to put a transient enhancer with negative level and it works a bit,  smoothing that area.
But I'm asking to other experiences.
Quote    Reply   

WiseMastering

Tin Man

#3 [url]

Feb 16 17 9:46 AM

I use soothe and tdr nova for dyn eq...but I think they are not the main tools.
Soothe it's not transparent, it does some strange effect, like reducing harmonics or something similar. it could be the right choice for harsh mixes.
but nova still be more transparent at the end. They are great tools to keep under control transients and resonances.
I think I'm searching a smoothness tool.
I'm wondering if some analog gear ( a compressor followed by eq or a similar combination) could smooth better than the software, still keeping the vibe. I'm talking about sound of the compressor itself and its compression (or eq).

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#6 [url]

Feb 20 17 9:26 AM

jerry tubb wrote:
Why the double identical thread?
I use a DSer to tame mids, perhaps coupled with a slight EQ cut.
JT

DeEssers can be used for several other things besides DeEssing.  

Quote    Reply   

WiseMastering

Tin Man

#7 [url]

Feb 20 17 8:56 PM

It's strange a double post!
I did nothing at all. Just one new topic. and it appears two topics. strange thing.

Thank you guys for desser suggest. I think it's similar to soothe or nova reduction

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help