weedywet

Ruby Baby

Lead

Feb 19 17 2:29 AM

Tags : :

my favourite were the, ubiquitous in London, Audio Kinetics screens that are no longer made

what are you guys using (that you like) that's still available?

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#1 [url]

Feb 19 17 9:26 PM

I always thought the Taytrix Stackit ones were cool: modular, lightweight, seemed effective when I used them--although it's been a while.  

http://taytrix.com

I'm really not too fond or rolling HEAVY baffles over mic cords, which inevitably seems to happen in many studios.  

Quote    Reply   

weedywet

Ruby Baby

#3 [url]

Feb 20 17 1:59 PM

do they?
I've only seen them in other people's places, not actually placed them or played with them.

they LOOK a bit toy to me.

anyone making tall, window, screens? rather than stacking?

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#6 [url]

Feb 20 17 5:07 PM

weedywet wrote:
do they?
I've only seen them in other people's places, not actually placed them or played with them.

they LOOK a bit toy to me.

anyone making tall, window, screens? rather than stacking?

Agreed; I was never a fan of how those looked. And I've only ever used/seen them at other places.

I don't know of a commercial version of the tall style. We have some that we made ourselves. We also have several medium-height/shorter ones that we purchased from Kaufman-Astoria when they closed. I really like them, I'm not sure if they made them or they were some sort of commercial solution, but you can stick many together with hinge pins, and they roll, and the top portion is a sheet of plexi that you can position at two different opposing angles.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help