gregdixon

Gold Finger

#81 [url]

Apr 19 17 10:35 PM

silvertone wrote:

gregdixon wrote:
Just saw this.

And that's why you gotta love Tony.

Funny as we were emailing back and forth today.  Seems his front of house engineer is jealous of my new Presto three track.  Made me laugh.  I told Tony to tell him he is welcome to come up and record on it anytime he wants.

Hoping to get together with him to go see Belew at the Egg next month. 

Also I was wrong in this thread earlier, Tony pretty much plays the 5 string Music Mans these days. Ever since his old MM 4 strings burned up in "the great fire" he switched over to the Ernie Ball 5 string basses.  Although he did get the 4 string back that he used on Gabriel's Security tour from as mutual friend of ours. John was bummed when he asked for it back.

Also in that video he says the sound comes from the bass but I will tell you that Tony plays my MM when he comes up here and it sounds like him, he hands it back to me and it sounds like me.  I'm calling him out on that one. Ha ha. He is such a great guy... and not a bad bass player either :  )

The video was posted in a thread on the Oz Bass forum and I commented that I thought he was being unnecessarily modest in claiming the instrument was responsible for him sounding so good.

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#82 [url]

Apr 20 17 9:07 AM

gregdixon wrote:

silvertone wrote:

gregdixon wrote:
Just saw this.

And that's why you gotta love Tony.

Funny as we were emailing back and forth today.  Seems his front of house engineer is jealous of my new Presto three track.  Made me laugh.  I told Tony to tell him he is welcome to come up and record on it anytime he wants.

Hoping to get together with him to go see Belew at the Egg next month. 

Also I was wrong in this thread earlier, Tony pretty much plays the 5 string Music Mans these days. Ever since his old MM 4 strings burned up in "the great fire" he switched over to the Ernie Ball 5 string basses.  Although he did get the 4 string back that he used on Gabriel's Security tour from as mutual friend of ours. John was bummed when he asked for it back.

Also in that video he says the sound comes from the bass but I will tell you that Tony plays my MM when he comes up here and it sounds like him, he hands it back to me and it sounds like me.  I'm calling him out on that one. Ha ha. He is such a great guy... and not a bad bass player either :  )

The video was posted in a thread on the Oz Bass forum and I commented that I thought he was being unnecessarily modest in claiming the instrument was responsible for him sounding so good.

That's Tony for you.

He is one of the most approachable musician I know.  They don't get much nicer than Tony.

Silvertone Mastering, celebrating 28 years in business.

www.silvertonemastering.com

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help