weedywet

Ruby Baby

Lead

Mar 10 17 5:33 PM

Tags : :

I have a live show mix that is one long continuous file.
But on the CD they naturally need to have ID markers for the start of each song (as well as embedded ISRC codes for each).

how do you guys do that?

I don't see a way in DSP Quattro to PLACE those kinds of things on one file, rather than importing each song separately into the list and having to recreate all the cross fades etc.

thanks
Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#1 [url]

Mar 10 17 8:10 PM

I've done this many times in Peak. Once I have the continuous file loaded, I'll find a window between songs and insert/delete/cut a short gap (to break up the continuous file). Repeat repeat. Then copy each individual songs regions/file (between the gaps) into a new playlist and add the text and ISRC

Last Edited By: chance Mar 10 17 8:35 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#2 [url]

Mar 10 17 8:30 PM

Instead of trying to recrate the sequence  in Quattro you could take the whole file and do cuts at the ID points. Then batch bounce to individual files. Then import to Quattro. If the fades are reciprical it should work.  The full blown mastering programs like Wavelab and Samplitude can drop markers whereever you want.

Quote    Reply   

weedywet

Ruby Baby

#3 [url]

Mar 10 17 10:33 PM

I'm really wanting to insert the IDs and Isrc numbers into the existing file WITHOUT breaking it up and having to recreate transistions I've already agonised over. 

Do you know if wavelab elements will do it?

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#4 [url]

Mar 10 17 11:51 PM

weedywet wrote:
I'm really wanting to insert the IDs and Isrc numbers into the existing file WITHOUT breaking it up and having to recreate transistions I've already agonised over. 

Do you know if wavelab elements will do it?

The method above is so you don't have to recreate the transitions and the ID's go where you want.  I'm assuming tricky crossfades and the like. Once you have the sequence bounce to a single file. Then make cuts where you want the ID's. Bounce out as individual files. Then import into Quattro. It should go right back together with the ID's where you want them.

I don't know Wavelab.

Quote    Reply   

jerry tubb

Gold Finger

#5 [url]

Mar 10 17 11:56 PM

This is easily done in Sonic soundBlade.
One long file, drop in Track Start Markers anywhere you want, and move them around freely to taste.
Then on the playlist, add metadata, codes etc.
then bounce the DDP master.
Best, JT

Quote    Reply   

weedywet

Ruby Baby

#6 [url]

Mar 11 17 11:17 AM

gold wrote:

The method above is so you don't have to recreate the transitions and the ID's go where you want.  I'm assuming tricky crossfades and the like. Once you have the sequence bounce to a single file. Then make cuts where you want the ID's. Bounce out as individual files. Then import into Quattro. It should go right back together with the ID's where you want them.

won't that make new crossfades at the transition points?

thanks again

Quote    Reply   

Justin P

Silverado

#8 [url]

Mar 11 17 11:40 AM

WaveLab Elemetns is very restrictive on marker placements, and also doesn't have DDP export so I don't recommend it for this. You would need the full verison of WaveLab which I highly recommned anyway.

With WaveLab, you can keep the file as one long file of the entire show, then drop in the CD track markers wherever you want. Put a CD Track Start marker at the very beginning of the montage session, then use CD Track Splice Markers where each new song starts. Finally, put a CD Track End marker at the end of the proejct. Then you can get on with adding the CD-Text and ISRC codes etc.

After finding a good place to drop each track marker, I suggest running the "Quantize Marker To Nearest CD Frame" foudn in the CD Wizard pop up window so that whether you render WAV files of each track, or a DDP/CD-R master, the tracks are 100% identical in length and transition. If you don't quantize the markers before making your WAV files for digital distribution, and the DDP (or CD-R) master for CD production, you could see some tiny but possibly critical changes in where the tracks are divided because making a DDP/CD forces the track markers to quantize to a CD frame. So, you may as well do it ahead of time so you know where the markers will quantize to, and so that your WAV files of each track precisely match the CD master 100%.

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#12 [url]

Mar 11 17 1:53 PM

weedywet wrote:

won't that make new crossfades at the transition points?

thanks again

Yes, but they would all be the same and should be seemless without too much effort. There wouldn't be multiple crossfaded files in the transitions which would make it impossible to get the ID marker in the right place.  It's not a great and easy work around but it is a work around. It wouldn't be worth it if there is silence in the transitions. If the transitions are complicated it would.

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#13 [url]

Mar 11 17 10:28 PM

It looks like Reaper can do it. It can at least generate a cue/bin file on export, If burning a CD is directly proves difficult. Many CD burning programs can import a cue/bin.

Quote    Reply   

tbethel

Gold Finger

#14 [url]

Mar 12 17 6:32 AM

We do it almost every day in Wavelab Pro 9.0.35. If you are going to be doing a lot of this I would spend the money for WL.

-TOM-
Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director, Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
www.acoustikmusik.com/
Celebrating 22 years in business in 2017

Quote    Reply   

weedywet

Ruby Baby

#15 [url]

Mar 12 17 11:04 AM

thanks, but I'm not.
On the whole,I'm a record producer/mixer, not a mastering engineer.

I am just pressed to occasionally dabble.

Quote    Reply   

rbreen

Silverado

#16 [url]

Mar 13 17 11:03 AM

This is also easily done in Triumph.  Map the "T" key to new track, go through and drop your track markers, if snap to CD frames isn't on then use the "justify" and "quantize" right clicks and you're done.

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#17 [url]

Mar 13 17 2:49 PM

rbreen wrote:
This is also easily done in Triumph.  Map the "T" key to new track, go through and drop your track markers, if snap to CD frames isn't on then use the "justify" and "quantize" right clicks and you're done.

Just curious but does Triumph also allow for text and ISRC?

Chance Pataki The Musicians Workshop www.the-musicians-workshop.com musicians.workshop@gte.net

Quote    Reply   

weedywet

Ruby Baby

#18 [url]

Mar 13 17 4:00 PM

I took a look but I can't even get the Triumph demo to load... it goes unresponsive almost immediately with some error related to a VST plug in (I think) that I probably never downloaded or updated, as I'm all AAX these days

Quote    Reply   

rbreen

Silverado

#20 [url]

Mar 13 17 5:08 PM

chance wrote:

rbreen wrote:

Just curious but does Triumph also allow for text and ISRC?

Yes, full support for ISRCs and CDTEXT, plus any other kind of metadata you can think of.  

As far as the people with unresponsive load scans, drop a line to the folks at Audiofile Engineering ( support@audiofile-engineering.com ) - they're usually very responsive.

As far as "same results on Mac, PC, Linux"; It's a Mac-only app.

And for the OP, in DSPQuattro (which you seem to have), why not just pull the single file into an AudioCD layout and use use "Split CD Track at Playback" in the AudioCD menu?  I don't really use DSPQuattro for much, but wouldn't that serve your porpoise?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help