morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#61 [url]

i was thinking about this last night, and aside from one teenage misadventure that's too long and not interesting enough to recount here, the only time i've ever had cops give me attitude was one time at the loft a couple years ago....

it's like 3:30am, i'm about as stoned as you'd expect a guy to be at that hour, i decide to pack it in for the night. somehow i remember that i need to move ms mse's car from the street out front. grab the keys and head downstairs.

the loft was upstairs from a family dollar store. i get downstairs and there's a gaggle of cop cars out front. i'm like uh whut? our front door would sometimes stick, so i'm gently pushing it closed before going to the car. a lady cop comes right over to me:

"do you live here?"
"uh, yes ma'am i do"
"do you have ID?"
"uuhhhh, not on me. i can go upstairs and get it if you really insist."
she seems to view this suggestion with suspicion. "where are you going right now?"
"i'm just moving my girlfriend's car. the hyundai right there" *points*

i should note that i'm dressed in my pajamas and slippers (i'd lived there forever. it was the middle of the night. you'd be The Dude too.). 

at this point man cop comes over, and he was way more aggro than he needed to be (and again, in my world "more aggro" amounts to tone of voice and demeanor, in other people's world that would be the best case scenario).

so he's peppering me with questions, almost all of which i answer honestly with "huh?" or "what?" 

at some point he says "look, we got a B+E in progress here, and..."
being half awake and not particularly up on police lingo i ask "wait, what's a bee and eee?"
he looks at me like i'm the stupidest person ever: "breaking and entering"
"oh, right, yeah. duh."

some more questions follow, i've by now figured out that playing (even) dumb(er than usual) is my best way out of this....finally, visibly frustrated, he rolls his eyes, says "he didn't do it." and storms off. lady cop politely thanked me and FIN. i dunno if they ever caught the guy.

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   

morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#62 [url]

soapfoot wrote:
The whole thing with major dirty looks and a sneer. 

this is exactly what i get from the main guy at the local lumber store every time i walk in. he looks at me like "ugh, scrawny-ass 4-eyed liberal city slicker non-truck driving motherfucker...where i'm from we kick the crap out of guys like you for fun". 

i'm 100% certain the guy just has really bad RBF and doesn't think anything of me one way or the other, but it's a little unnerving nonetheless.

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help