chance

Aqua Marine

#2 [url]

Mar 18 17 5:54 PM

wow. None of us are going to get out of here alive. I can only imagine him doing "Johny B Good" with his hip-skippin style. Go Jonny Go. RIP

Your post caught me off guard because it lacked the notorious RIP, so I was not prepared to read the bad news

Chance Pataki The Musicians Workshop www.the-musicians-workshop.com musicians.workshop@gte.net

Last Edited By: chance Mar 18 17 6:02 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#9 [url]

Mar 19 17 8:16 AM

soapfoot wrote:
Devastating news. He is the reason I begged for my first guitar

My first book report on an autobiography of choice, was his "Hail Hail Rock N Roll". The nuns were not pleased!

Listened to The Great 28 countless times, used to be part of my after school music listening routine.

RIP CHUCK.

Quote    Reply   

zmix

Aqua Marine

#10 [url]

Mar 19 17 8:24 AM

Here's a fairly random video,  I'm sure there are so many out there, it's Chuck Berry in England in 1972 (playing with a rather bored looking group of musicians), but he's such a compelling performer... and using a Marshall, no less..     Such great lyrics on this song, too...

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#14 [url]

Mar 19 17 10:39 AM

Maybeline!  Why can't you be true??

When I was in college, Chuck had a recording studio in downtown St. Louis and I went down there to try to find some sort of position, even just to hang around.  I had a résumé prepared and dressed up hoping to talk to someone.  I walked in the door and saw the secretary watching soap operas.  I just turned around and walked out as I realized it was just a tax write-off...

Last Edited By: barry hufker Mar 19 17 10:43 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#17 [url]

Mar 19 17 12:56 PM

I like that at Berry's Hall of Fame introduction, Keith said, "It's very difficult for me to talk about Chuck Berry 'cause I've lifted every lick he ever played. R.I.P.

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#18 [url]

Mar 19 17 2:55 PM

It's funny, but I played all his songs with my bands, saw him once at NAMM, never met him, but I feel like I knew him.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help