maarvold

Aqua Marine

#2 [url]

Mar 21 17 10:58 PM

There must be some kind of Tele vibe in the air: just today, I enlisted a friend that carefully matches and assembles Tele parts from various different sources to create really nice instruments... at least that's what he says and I believe him--he's been doing it for a long time.  I asked him to start looking for a maple neck and nitro-finished body that he thinks will pair well.  Fingers crossed.  

Quote    Reply   

zmix

Aqua Marine

#3 [url]

Mar 22 17 9:16 AM

Those are so interesting George...!

Few of those hold together, aesthetically speaking...

Fender's designs seem to have been rooted in the automobiles of the time.

Last Edited By: zmix Mar 22 17 9:18 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#5 [url]

Mar 22 17 11:53 AM

None of those really appeal to me.

Generally speaking, I either want a Telecaster, or I don't want a Telecaster, but I seldom find myself wishing for something that was "sort of a Telecaster, but also sort of something else."

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#6 [url]

Mar 22 17 3:02 PM

gtoledo3 wrote:
The one that stands out as looking most correct to me, aesthetically speaking, is the Tele SG. I think it's pretty cool!

I like that one best as well, but would like it with a maple 24 fret L6S neck.
The Jackson on the bottom is nice too...

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#7 [url]

Mar 23 17 8:05 AM

"Generally speaking, I either want a Telecaster, or I don't want a Telecaster, but I seldom find myself wishing for something that was "sort of a Telecaster, but also sort of something else.""

Says the Tele thinline player!

Seriously though, I get it. I just posted the thread because I thought it was an interesting phenomena, not as an endorsement. :-)

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#8 [url]

Mar 23 17 8:29 AM

Ha! touché!

But a Tele Thinline kind of qualifies as its own thing, IMO-- the humbucker version anyhow. I don't know, I guess you got me!

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#10 [url]

Mar 23 17 8:55 AM

I apologize Brad! Just kidding around.

Kerry, this guitar was originally sold on the Wildwood Guitars site, and unfortunately they took down the original listing. So it's hard to say exactly what those knobs are.

@waltz - I think you are right about that L6S neck.

The Jazzmaster Teles look the funkiest of all of them, to me. No bueno.

Quote    Reply   

rodaffleck

Silverado

#12 [url]

Mar 23 17 10:58 AM

I'd love to have a Stratelecaster. For me nothing feels better and more right to hold and play than a strat body. But nothing sounds better to me than a tele. I've actually been toying with the idea of modding my MIM Strat to be more tele-like, but I'm not keen on doing any additional body routing or swapping out the bridge for a fixed one. But I'm not sure if a simple pickup replacement (like the SD Twangbangers for example) would give me enough of the Tele sound that I want.

Quote    Reply   

morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#13 [url]

Mar 23 17 11:58 AM

waltzmastering wrote:

gtoledo3 wrote:
The one that stands out as looking most correct to me, aesthetically speaking, is the Tele SG. I think it's pretty cool!

I like that one best as well, but would like it with a maple 24 fret L6S neck.
The Jackson on the bottom is nice too...

i liked the tele sg best too, and i gotta say that jackson looks like a pretty nice piece of wood.

i have a jackson dinky, reverse headstock, black (of course).....i think it looks cool. i don't care how uncool that makes me! 

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   

hank alrich

Platinum Blonde

#14 [url]

Mar 23 17 12:15 PM

soapfoot wrote:
Ha! touché!

But a Tele Thinline kind of qualifies as its own thing, IMO-- the humbucker version anyhow. I don't know, I guess you got me!

Last Saturday night at the G & S Lounge in South Austin I heard Jim Stringer with his AM Band, and man, he made serious use of a thinline Tele. He pulled out a huge variety of great tones in the course of the set, and then he and the band backed up John Lilly's NotSxSW2017 set. It sure was good to hear what hits my ear as actual "country music". That guy can pick, and he acts like it's no big deal, and nothing to it. The set with John was classic.

hank alrich
http://hankandshaidrimusic.com/
http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#18 [url]

Mar 23 17 2:57 PM

Just posting that b/c of the relation to the Marauder, not b/c it is tele related.

I had never thought of the Marauder as Tele-like before, but it really IS.

And what a horrible line for the ad! Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems to imply, "hey this guitar is ugly, just like KISS...who is probably ugly underneath that makeup! But give it a shot, might sound good!".

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help