compasspnt

Diamond Forever

Lead

Mar 25 17 8:02 PM

Tags : :

I have decided to finally sell my beautiful and beloved 1956 Strat. (I had always planned that it would be my son's college education, but was fortunate enough not to need it for that back when he went.)

All original, all parts, including original tweed case.

The guitar has obviously been played…it's not in "brand new" condition. But then, it is sixty-one years old.

It has been on many many recordings, a number of which are quite well known. People who have played this instrument include Jimmy Page, Joe Walsh, Billy Gibbons, Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughn, Carl Perkins, Lonnie Mack, Paul Burlison, and many more.

Before stating an asking price, I will see what you people think, and where the market is now. I do know that I was offered somewhat over the six figure mark about 16 years ago…but we shall see in today's world.

Naturally I later plan on Reverb.com, perhaps Ebay, and/or one of my friends who market such instruments, but I want anyone from PRW to have the first chance at it.

Thanks!

39d1db670c9c4279bcbc9b1e4b24b9e3_r.jpg

Quote    Reply   

John Eppstein

Platinum Blonde

#1 [url]

Mar 25 17 11:46 PM

compasspnt wrote:
I have decided to finally sell my beautiful and beloved 1956 Strat. (I had always planned that it would be my son's college education, but was fortunate enough not to need it for that back when he went.)

All original, all parts, including original tweed case.

The guitar has obviously been played…it's not in "brand new" condition. But then, it is sixty-one years old.

It has been on many many recordings, a number of which are quite well known. People who have played this instrument include Jimmy Page, Joe Walsh, Billy Gibbons, Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughn, Carl Perkins, Lonnie Mack, Paul Burlison, and many more.

Before stating an asking price, I will see what you people think, and where the market is now. I do know that I was offered somewhat over the six figure mark about 16 years ago…but we shall see in today's world.

Naturally I later plan on Reverb.com, perhaps Ebay, and/or one of my friends who market such instruments, but I want anyone from PRW to have the first chance at it.

Thanks!

Man, I wish I could afford it. Be a real shame to see it end up in some dentist's collection - or in a glass case in Japan or some Hard Rock Cafe....

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#2 [url]

Mar 26 17 1:24 AM

Wow, I would love to own it, Terry, and play it, but alas it might be too rich for my blood. I'll have to make do with my refinished and refretted '58. Which isn't the worst thing in the world, but... man. That's a nice one.

Unfortunately, the market is quite a bit different than it was at its peak, 2000-2006 or so. However, it's still a VERY desirable guitar worth a tidy sum.

I'll imagine it will fetch north of $25k, but I fear the days of six-figure strats may have come and gone.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#3 [url]

Mar 26 17 1:25 AM

If you have interest in consigning, Steve Uhrik at Retrofret in NYC might be worth a shout. He's pretty good at getting top market value for such things.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help