silvertone

Aqua Marine

#21 [url]

Apr 6 17 5:38 AM

maarvold wrote:

silvertone wrote:
...Extend an olive branch...

I don't know what I would have done in gold's situation but--if the first time I met my neighbor it was because he was on my property, without being invited,  and had a gun strapped on his hip... let's just say I would consider that behavior to be WAY out of line.  And, at his 'other home' his neighbors are suing him: Stee-rike TWO!!!

Well you be in controversy all the time cause it happens here.  Hunters cross your land with guns. Some just come to see what you are doing. Some are hiking. Some are lost.

Every house I've built here, 3 so far, I'd pull on to the lot to find different neighbors all over it, sometimes with their kids.  Everyone of them I asked not to be here when I'm not here for liability reasons, complied.

The second the property lines were messed with you should contact the local zoning board.  They will put an end to that nonsense. Don't want him on your land, call the sheriff.

I just don't get/like the controversy myself.  I know how things can escalate.  That said, I have 5 guns here and quite the arsenal of other "weapons", no one really fucks with me as they know I'm the crazy Italian in the neighborhood.  (Yes, I fire guns in my back yard too.  No, I'm not a bully).  I'm probably one of the best neighbors you'd ever have actually. 

Too bad about your situation Paul, once a bad neighbor probably always a bad neighbor.  

Silvertone Mastering, celebrating 28 years in business.

www.silvertonemastering.com

Last Edited By: silvertone Apr 6 17 6:24 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#22 [url]

Apr 6 17 8:43 AM

silvertone wrote:

maarvold wrote:

silvertone wrote:
...Extend an olive branch...

I don't know what I would have done in gold's situation but--if the first time I met my neighbor it was because he was on my property, without being invited,  and had a gun strapped on his hip... let's just say I would consider that behavior to be WAY out of line.  And, at his 'other home' his neighbors are suing him: Stee-rike TWO!!!

Well you be in controversy all the time cause it happens here.  Hunters cross your land with guns...

I own 2 pistols, but have never hunted and really have no interest in hunting (I did used to be a maniac fresh water bass fisherman however).  But do hunters generally wear a sidearm?  I would expect them to be carrying rifles or shotguns.  But, admittedly, I know little about hunting culture.  I guess I could see carrying a sidearm if one lives in bear, mountain lion or wolf country.  

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#23 [url]

Apr 6 17 11:27 AM

All the rest of the neighbors are fine. It's a back lot and the neighbors had always used it as their back lot. One neighbor had a shed on my property that I signed a waiver for. He is 88 and bow hunts. He came over, asked persission to hunt and said he's let us know when he was there. Fine no problem. Another neighbor uses part of my land as their back yard. No one really knew where the property lines were before the survey. It's not near where we are, they are nice and their adult children maintain a path through the property and up the hill that we use too. Fine no problem. If this dill weed had just asked me if it was okay to cover up the survey marks I would have said yes. The dill weed's parcel is also an illegal subdivision. He will never be able to sell it since i can block the sale. He should be nicer to me.

I don't own a gun. I've never shot a gun. I have no problem tearing out his heart with my teeth.

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#24 [url]

Apr 6 17 11:46 AM

SInce this is the Brewery I'll say I think hand guns should be banned. The only purpose they have is killing humans. Only an idiot would hunt with a hand gun. That's why I was able to knock this guy back on his heels. After I asked him if he was there cutting down trees I asked him if he was hunting. I knew full well he wasn't. There are no animals you need protection from there. If you shoot a bear with a hand gun all you will do is piss him off.

Quote    Reply   

morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#26 [url]

Apr 6 17 1:06 PM

getting through the ribs might be problematic, but where there's a will there's a way i suppose!

sort of vaguely on the subject of bullies and standing up to them....a brief story you may find amusing:

i've never thrown a punch. i took one as a teenager that left me with a very slightly crooked nose. it's "character".  

my little brother studied martial arts for years. he knows all the moves. over the holidays we're sitting around and got started talking about self defense. i asked him to show me some moves. 

he says "ok, let's start by seeing what your instincts are." so he throws yer basic right hook. my instinct was to reach over with my left hand, grab his wrist and push it down, while simultaneously moving closer to him and either punching or elbowing him in the face.

he says "amazing! perfect! the only thing is don't ever grab the wrist, hold it loosely and push it down. but otherwise you did exactly what you should do."

not bad for a pacifist, right?

thinking about it later i realized that the motions for the left arm wrist grab/right arm face punch are pretty much exactly the same as hitting the snare and the hihat side crash:)

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#27 [url]

Apr 6 17 1:24 PM

I'm a foreign policy buff. Negotiation backed by force is the way to do things. In case anyone missed it most of what I did was psychological, and it worked. He's been behaving himself.

Quote    Reply   

morespaceecho

Platinum Blonde

#28 [url]

Apr 6 17 1:42 PM

gold wrote:
most of what I did was psychological

a good friend of mine is 6'7". big bushy beard, leather jacket, skull rings on most fingers. he is, of course, the sweetest guy you could hope to know. 

i asked him if he was aware of people being intimidated by him, and he said "oh yeah, all the time. i see people cross the street to avoid me." he said it used to bum him out but he doesn't let it any more. he also said in normal day to day interactions with strangers...cashiers or baristas or whatever, he goes out of his way to be super friendly and charming and put them at ease. they realize he's a friendly guy and not a hell's angel all hopped up on goofballs. 

i then asked him if he ever uses his size to his advantage, and he said "the other night we were out at the bar, some dude was hassling a lady friend. i just went over and stood next to her and looked mean and dude left immediately." 

badass!

www.oldcolonymastering.com

morespaceecho.bandcamp.com

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#29 [url]

Apr 6 17 2:06 PM

morespaceecho wrote:
badass!

I've met enough gangsters, drug dealers and just plain crayzies to know one when I see one. I know when i've met my match. This wasn't it.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help