maarvold

Aqua Marine

#4 [url]

Apr 5 17 8:29 AM

4 posts--2 empty white video frames.  Bummer.  gtoledo said there's another way to attach/link to videos that actually works for all of us presumably.  

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#5 [url]

Apr 5 17 10:36 AM

Hmm. My video post was simply the URL pasted from YouTube into the Quick Reply box and Lefora software handles the display. I see the videos fine in both platforms I use: Chrome on Win8 PC and Safari iOS on an iPad Air. Maybe some Mac users can chime in.

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   

extrememixing

Platinum Blonde

#8 [url]

Apr 5 17 5:13 PM

I mentioned it in the other thread Michael, but you should try Chrome. I see them in Chrome, but don't in Safari. That makes me think it's a Safari issue. Chuck thinks I'm daft, but at least I see the content.

Steve

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#10 [url]

Apr 6 17 8:52 AM

extrememixing wrote:
I mentioned it in the other thread Michael, but you should try Chrome. I see them in Chrome, but don't in Safari. That makes me think it's a Safari issue. Chuck thinks I'm daft, but at least I see the content.

Steve

Steve,

You did mention it.  But I am really reluctant to support Google in any ways other than the most basic ones that cross my path because many of us are already 'dancing to their tune' and it's not necessarily a supportive 'tune' to my way of life.  It's sort of an old concept now but: "think globally, act locally".  And I know if I figure out why, I'll get an 'a-HA moment' and I'll get to feel smart for a few fleeting moments.  But it seems more likely at this point that I'll do an OS update at some point and it'll just be working again.  

Quote    Reply   

digitmus

Gold Finger

#11 [url]

Apr 6 17 3:57 PM

I can see/play all the videos on a MacBook air w/Yosemite. On my MacBook pro w/Mavericks, I started seeing blank white spaces right after I did the last Adobe flash update.

Quote    Reply   

dr funk

Platinum Blonde

#12 [url]

Apr 6 17 4:34 PM

maarvold wrote:

...I am really reluctant to support Google in any ways other than the most basic ones that cross my path because many of us are already 'dancing to their tune' and it's not necessarily a supportive 'tune' to my way of life.

How about Firefox?  I've been using it for years, but on Windows PCs.  It's available on OSX.  

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#14 [url]

Apr 6 17 11:00 PM

digitmus wrote:
I can see/play all the videos on a MacBook air w/Yosemite. On my MacBook pro w/Mavericks, I started seeing blank white spaces right after I did the last Adobe flash update.

That's really interesting, since I'm on the latest Flash version.  I wonder if I can go back.  Guys--thanks for the browser suggestions, but I like Safari and this is not enough of a problem to switch.  If I REALLY badly want to see what's in an empty frame I can download it with Wondershare (and have done this a few times).  

Quote    Reply   

youngwhisk

Silverado

#15 [url]

Apr 7 17 2:21 AM

Youtube Flash API deprecation

YouTube videos on PRW for me currently have a Flash API deprecation notice on the bottom:

af452335490e47b59d74d5b2e4b1a239_r.jpg

It appears that Lefora needs to change from the YouTube Flash API (AS3) to the IFrame API for YouTube videos. Some platforms will still play the "old" way but some will not.

Here are a couple of links that mention this issue:

Jon Moen

Last Edited By: youngwhisk Apr 7 17 2:36 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

extrememixing

Platinum Blonde

#16 [url]

Apr 7 17 6:43 AM

maarvold wrote:
extrememixing wrote:

Steve

Steve,

You did mention it.  But I am really reluctant to support Google in any ways other than the most basic ones that cross my path because many of us are already 'dancing to their tune' and it's not necessarily a supportive 'tune' to my way of life.  It's sort of an old concept now but: "think globally, act locally".  And I know if I figure out why, I'll get an 'a-HA moment' and I'll get to feel smart for a few fleeting moments.  But it seems more likely at this point that I'll do an OS update at some point and it'll just be working again.  
Fair enough.  I'm thinking that you probably don't want to see the YouTube videos anyway, since YT is owned by Google.  Youngwhisk has probably given the correct answer about the flash format problem.  Seems odd when you consider that they just revamped the whole Lefora server with a "major" upgrade a few months ago.  Seems like a funny thing for them to miss.

Steve

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#17 [url]

Apr 7 17 8:37 AM

youngwhisk wrote:
YouTube videos on PRW for me currently have a Flash API deprecation
notice on the bottom:

It appears that Lefora needs to change from the YouTube Flash API (AS3) to the IFrame API for YouTube videos. Some platforms will still play the "old" way but some will not.

Here are a couple of links that mention this issue:

https://developers.google.com/youtube/flash_api_reference?hl=en

https://www.webtvsolutions.com/support.php?s=other_docs&d=youtube_flash_deprecation&lang=en 

THANK YOU SO MUCH for getting to the bottom of this mytery!!  I knew there had to be a logical explanation.  For the record, when posting on Lefora there is another way to embed videos in posts: gtoledo pointed it out... I think in a PM to me.  So all Lefora would have to do is eliminate the 'wrong' way.  
extrememixing wrote:
Fair enough.  I'm thinking that you probably don't want to see the YouTube videos anyway, since YT is owned by Google.  Youngwhisk has probably given the correct answer about the flash format problem.  Seems odd when you consider that they just revamped the whole Lefora server with a "major" upgrade a few months ago.  Seems like a funny thing for them to miss.

Steve

Steve,
I have to live in the real world: I'm not militant/'postal' about this issue.  But I just don't really want to hand over any more ability to control my behavior to a company who is not, in the broader scheme of making my professional life better (or not), "part of the solution".  YMMV.  

Last Edited By: maarvold Apr 7 17 8:48 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#19 [url]

Apr 9 17 7:48 AM

The first dirty words ever spoken on television came from this show... "Ward, you were kind of hard on the Beaver last night".

Silvertone Mastering, celebrating 28 years in business.

www.silvertonemastering.com

Quote    Reply   

maarvold

Aqua Marine

#20 [url]

Apr 9 17 3:37 PM

silvertone wrote:
The first dirty words ever spoken on television came from this show... "Ward, you were kind of hard on the Beaver last night".

OMG!!!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help