electroaudio

Tin Man

Lead

Apr 11 17 11:58 AM

Tags : :

I have a V3 here and one of the vu meters has a faulty amplifier that needs to be changed (aux3) easy job in itself, but where is the amplifiers for the VUs? i just cant find any card or circuit anywhere..
Also, the leds who shows faulty power is acting up a bit, so would like to fix that too, but i cant find that card either...
Does anyone know where those cards are?
Quote    Reply   

electroaudio

Tin Man

#3 [url]

Apr 12 17 4:29 AM

chance wrote:
I am not a tech, but what leads you to believe it is a faulty amplifier and not the meter itself? Just curious

The meter works, it is just that it only has a digital on/off behaviour, either the needle is at the left side, or if the thresholdlevel is exceeded, then it goes to the rightside. and if the level is around threshold then it will jump around in the middle. so the mechanical part works fine, it is just an electrical fault with how the signal is converted before the meter ;) right now it is a onebit digital converter, when it should be analog ;)

Last Edited By: electroaudio Apr 12 17 4:39 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

electroaudio

Tin Man

#4 [url]

Apr 12 17 4:34 AM

John Eppstein wrote:
This might help - he says he has a full set of schematics and drawings available...

http://danrudin.com/2012-07-20/this-old-console-renovating-a-neve-v3

http://schematic.danrudin.com/index.php?dir=Neve/Neve_V3/

Thanks, but i have the papermanual and i cant find any maps or gpscoordinates in that for this stuff. i found the drawings for the circuits in the manual, but nothing explained where these circuits were located inside the console.
-havent tried google maps but i guess it will fail too ;)

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#5 [url]

Apr 12 17 6:06 AM

electroaudio wrote:
Also, the leds who shows faulty power is acting up a bit, so would like to fix that too, but i cant find that card either...

That card is located in the center section, ABOVE the meters (ifI recall correctly), basically right where the LED displays for faulty power are.

I've only ever had to repair one before (it was a V3 also) and from memory it was a faulty Zener. There's some heat generated by the resistor/Zener combinations, so check Zeners and resistors. It's less likely to be the active stuff, I'd say.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help