soapfoot

Ruby Baby

#2 [url]

Apr 16 17 8:33 AM

Man, there is a LOT to unpack here, but first things first-- can we put out an amber alert for the girl sitting next to the creepy guy in the captain hat at 0:25?! He definitely abducted that child.

brad allen williams

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#3 [url]

Apr 16 17 3:18 PM

OK, now that I've finally stopped retching, I can observe that: 1. the choice is between "American" food (burgers), "Ethnic" food (Italian -- the next closest American food) and "Exotic" food -- shrimp;  2. the choice is between eating too much and way too much;  3. everyone moves in slow motion there;  4. no black or "ethnic" groups exist.

Of course as Brad stated above, there is way much more to unpack here.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#9 [url]

I think that spot was a throwback even for 1991, musically at least. It sounded like something from the late 70's or early 80's. Visually that imagery is (or was) carefully calculated to send a message - it's advertising. I don't see much difference now, except that hair and clothing styles have changed.

Here's an Army spot I played on in 1986 (holy shit! Am I really that old?) Look at the visual clichés, not to mention the musical ones, and tell me this isn't creepy.

Last Edited By: seth . Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#10 [url]

Wow Seth, that sure sounds like the 80's alright. Twin towers on the one shot... kind of spooky.

Jake Holmes? I know he wrote the "Be all you can be" theme. I thought he wrote "Freedom isn't free" as well. I'm friends with his sister Jenny.

Silvertone Mastering, celebrating 28 years in business.

www.silvertonemastering.com

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#11 [url]

Hey Larry, that wasn't Jake. It was written by some guys at Look and Co. I played on some "Be All You Can Be" spots as well.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help