waltzingbear

Platinum Blonde

#1 [url]

Apr 23 17 11:59 AM

a q tip with cleaner of your choce applied liberally to the edge connector and then inserted and removed several times.

could also after this be flooded with alcohol to remove loose debris, usually not needed.

Alan Garren
Waltzing Bear Audio

Quote    Reply   

Blue Note

Tin Man

#5 [url]

Apr 27 17 3:01 PM

If the bristles will reach the metal, you might try a toothbrush. I use them to clean the edge connectors for the lathe and tape machines about once a year, if voltages look a little low. I also do this procedure on fuse holders, which can become resistive. Using the small paintbrush applicator, I paint a little bit of DeOxit D5 on the metal contacts. Then I gently brush them, like teeth. Then I paint some DeOxit Gold, if applicable. Once it's dried enough not to be shorting adjacent pins with liquid jumpers, I power on and usually find better voltages for many months. Be very gentle, but persistent, scrubbing this way and that, for best results with the Oral B.

- Bløn Øte

Quote    Reply   

gold

Platinum Blonde

#6 [url]

Apr 28 17 3:38 PM

I've been liking small stainless steel brushes from McMaster-Car on brass contacts. I also like them on gold contacts but you have to have a lighter touch. Sometimes a little alcohol or acetone helps but I like a dry scrub the best so far. I think having the surface roughed up a bit helps on old contacs.

Quote    Reply   

queef bag

Platinum Blonde

#7 [url]

Apr 30 17 12:41 PM

i like chuck's cardboard idea...it does work well.

another item that can be useful is pipe cleaners. sometimes they can leave lint, not cool, but will
fit into a lot of places.

come to think of it... WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CLEANED THE FEMALE XLR CONNECTORS ON YER MIC PANEL?
PIPE CLEANERS WITH ALCOHOL OR YOUR CLEANER OF CHOICE WILL WORK WELL.

sorry, now back to the original topic

jf

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#8 [url]

May 8 17 8:25 PM

queef bag wrote:
i like chuck's cardboard idea...it does work well.

another item that can be useful is pipe cleaners. sometimes they can leave lint, not cool, but will
fit into a lot of places.

come to think of it... WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CLEANED THE FEMALE XLR CONNECTORS ON YER MIC PANEL?
PIPE CLEANERS WITH ALCOHOL OR YOUR CLEANER OF CHOICE WILL WORK WELL.

sorry, now back to the original topic

Chance Pataki The Musicians Workshop www.the-musicians-workshop.com musicians.workshop@gte.net

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help