seth

Ruby Baby

Lead

May 7 17 10:32 AM

Tags : :

I saw the Fab Faux last night, and they were spectacular. Some of the guys are friends of mine, so like any gig friends do my tendency is to say, "Yeah, I'll get there one of these days..." but the couch always seems of much more immediate importance. We had a dreadful day yesterday, put one of the cats to sleep, there was nothing I wanted to do less than see a show. But we went anyway and I'm glad we did. When you see a band that good playing songs that good, five great singers, a string section, a horn section, it's really something to behold. It's a close copy of the Beatles, not slavish, but it is also very good in its own right. For those who don't know the band was started by Will Lee, the bass player from the Letterman Show, and Jimmy Vivino, the bandleader on Conan O'Brian's show.
Quote    Reply   

dougrogers

Silverado

#1 [url]

May 7 17 12:13 PM

seth wrote:
I saw the Fab Faux last night, and they were spectacular. Some of the guys are friends of mine, so like any gig friends do my tendency is to say, "Yeah, I'll get there one of these days..." but the couch always seems of much more immediate importance. We had a dreadful day yesterday, put one of the cats to sleep, there was nothing I wanted to do less than see a show. But we went anyway and I'm glad we did. When you see a band that good playing songs that good, five great singers, a string section, a horn section, it's really something to behold. It's a close copy of the Beatles, not slavish, but it is also very good in its own right. For those who don't know the band was started by Will Lee, the bass player from the Letterman Show, and Jimmy Vivino, the bandleader on Conan O'Brian's show.

Yes, they are excellent, I took Ken Scott to see them do the "White Album" (which Ken engineered) at the House Of Blues on his 60th birthday, it was a brilliant show.

Quote    Reply   

silvertone

Aqua Marine

#2 [url]

May 7 17 1:41 PM

They are great. Highly recommended.

Sorry to hear about the kitty Seth. Always tough to loose a family member. Condolences.

Silvertone Mastering, celebrating 28 years in business.

www.silvertonemastering.com

Quote    Reply   

d gauss

Platinum Blonde

#3 [url]

May 7 17 3:01 PM

had been awhile since the last time i had been to see the faux, but just saw them a coupla weeks ago (the night chuck berry died....they did a nice impromptu tribute).  
it was fun. but...  i've been to see glen burtnik's "the weeklings"  several times in the past few months ( they have a residency at the cutting room in nyc).  for me, they are way much more fun.  there's only 4 guys on stage and they really pull the beatles thing off well. (added plus...the "beatles inspired"  tunes they write are really really good as well).  if you haven't heard of them check them out.

[url] been awhile since the last time i had been to see the faux, but just saw them a coupla weeks ago (the night chuck berry died....they did a nice impromptu tribute).  it was fun. but...  i've been to see glen burtnik's "the weeklings"  several times in the past few months ( they have a residency at the cutting room in nyc).  for me, they are way much more fun.  there's only 4 guys on stage and they really pull the beatles thing off well. (added plus...the "beatles inspired"  tunes they write are really really good as well).  if you haven't heard of them check them out.

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#5 [url]

May 8 17 2:31 PM

Many years ago while at NAMM, I heard "Let Me take you Down etc" and I thought it was a Beatles recording, but saw a huge crowd gathered in that part of the CC. I worked my way thru the crowed and was blown away. Sounded just like them. Of course I took video, and I'll see if it is not buried too deep in the archives. I'd love to see it again myself

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help