silvertone

Aqua Marine

#1 [url]

I drove cross country about 9 months after that happened... it was quite the site to see. Ash was still everywhere and it looked like we were on another planet. I'll never forget that site.

Just like when I saw those two planes turn and head down the Hudson. We have coffee on our screened in back porch every morning so we can enjoy the views, I remember turning to my wife and saying, that's odd, they never do that. A half hour later I saw why.

Images are powerful.

Silvertone Mastering, celebrating 28 years in business.

www.silvertonemastering.com

Quote    Reply   

waltzingbear

Platinum Blonde

#2 [url]

Had a front row seat, sitting on my front porch watching the ash cloud billow over the mountain, its about 40 miles away. We were quite lucky that the winds didn't bring it onto Portland that day. It's sorta like snow, except it doesn't melt!

Cheers
Alan

Alan Garren
Waltzing Bear Audio

Quote    Reply   

queef bag

Platinum Blonde

#3 [url]

several months after the blast i was flying back to seattle, and seatac was fogged in so bad we had to wait to land...
the pilot went to St. Hellens and circled it a few times, both directions so both sides of the plane could see.

that was a very big mountain. the area devastated and looking like moonscape was HUGE.

seeing things of such massive scale is...amazing.

jf

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help