dach

Tin Man

Lead

Jun 17 17 7:17 PM

Tags : :

Seaching the net hasn't revealed an acceptable (recent) answer so I'll ask here.

Does Reaper have a direct monitor setting to allow monitoring directly from an interface/sound card? I've been playing with Reaper and am starting to really consider migrating some projects to it but as of 2013 it looks they they have not implemented this feature - and if it's there I sure can't find it. I am currently testing 5.4 without the SWS extensions to learn my way around.

I'm coming from Nuendo and run projects ranging from a 600+track orchestra template to a variety of audio/vsti projects. The direct monitor feature is a godsend when needing to record audio into a resource intensive project which is basically every project in my world. I do NOT record audio through plugins/amp sims/etc so all audio is usually monitored off my Lynx setup w/basically minimal latency.

Any help is appreciated and Thank You in advance!

Quote    Reply   

natenajar

Gold Finger

#1 [url]

Jun 17 17 8:12 PM

Yes it's super simple with reaper. Each channel had a setting of how to monitor it or not at all. Any channels you want to direct monitor, you just leave them with no monitoring selected.

Quote    Reply   

dach

Tin Man

#2 [url]

Jun 17 17 9:58 PM

Thanks Natenajar. Too simple. I wrote a reply but when posting it vanished. basically my Lynx cp/mixer settings needed to be adjusted. I was trying to direct monitor inputs 3/4 but needed to patch in outputs 3/4 to the console>cans (default Lynx mixer settings). I'll change that so I can monitor from outputs 1/2 like I'm used to. Long day and some very complicated responses out there to something evidently so simple.... not to mention there are a few thing that have a bit of a learning curve in Reaper. Thank you again for helping me see what I missed... long day here.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help