Tags : :
Please visit my last sales on Instagram : http://www.instagram.com/infernalemachine
15 HD pictures of each mic, just ask : data(at)infernalemachine(dot)com
Beautiful Neumann KM56c (c for low noise) # all original, no mods, no reskinned nickel diaphragms, no cheap capsule replacement, electronic is stock, serial number #1100 .
The mic is in superb condition, please see pictures.
This KM56c sounds utterly butterly and up to specs, super full and warm, beautiful open top end, very low noise.
The Neumann KM56 is a multi-pattern, side-address version of the more widely known KM54. It uses a dual-sided small diaphragm capsule skinned with nickel and the subminiature Telefunken AC 701k tube. A rotating pattern selector at the base of the microphone switches between cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-of-eight polar patterns.
The capsule in the KM56 is essentially two KK54 capsules oriented back-to-back. The pattern selector alters voltage to the two capsules to create the chosen polar pattern.
Difference between KM56 & KM56c by Neumann guru Klaus Heyne on REP forum :
« You will hear more clarity and definition from any "c" mics, due to the different biasing procedure which lowers the noise floor, especially when encountering parasitic hum and buzz.
You may also hear timbre differences, because the two biasing methodes of the AC 701 tube which Neumann used, pre-"c" and "c", affect the phase behavior and low frequency behavior of the signal. »
Included in the sale :
- 1 x Neumann original nickel KK56 capsule
- 1 x Telefunken AC701 red dot tube - Like you should know AC701 with 03 (the last two digits in the date code represent the design revision number) being the final version for the AC701. All tubes with the 03 revision level match the AC701 ’K’ specs. K for Klingarm = low microphonics, selected tube for microphones
- 1 x new regulated and dead silent ramped power supply made by Leo Schaal, the Neumann German guru - Excellent noise and interference rejection - This power supply provides the necessary voltage of 4V for the AC701K tube filament and 120V operation voltage. The microphone voltage are stabilized and strongly filtered for a clean and disturbance free audio signal. When turning on the supply the tubes filament voltage rises very slowly to protect the tubes from a high turning-on current. Can work only with one mic, 115V & 230V
- 1 x fresh new Sommer SC-Octave tube cable with Tuchel 6 pins connectors - 20 feet (not pictured)
- 1 x Neumann original jewel case
The KM56 is the Holy Grail of small diaphragm condenser mics, the ultimate recording tool for capturing the sound of acoustic instruments.
SOLD - Schoeps M221F pair - SOLD
Beautiful pair of vintage and very rare Schoeps M221F from the RTF - Radio & Television Française (French Tv and Radio pre ORTF) - 1962 - both in perfect working condition. Not a consecutive serial number pair but they have the same electronics, same components and sounds unhesitatingly identical to my ears.
Electronic is stock, mics are full original and unmodified.
Schoeps body preamp M221F / Serial numbers : 2434 & 3381
Schoeps M934 mylar capsules / Serial numbers : 2585 & 4298
!!! There are not Hungarian fake copies found on Reverb & Ebay but the real deal !!!
The Schoeps M221F is an undisputed classic, the Holy Grail of small diaphragm condenser mics, the ultimate recording tool for capturing sound of acoustic instruments. Rich and woody... great on most everything you throw at them. This M221F sounds utterly butterly and up to specs, very 3D, super full and warm, beautiful open top end, very low noise.
These Schoeps M221F came with :
- 2 x Telefunken AC701K red dot tubes - K for Klingarm = low microphonics, selected tube for microphones, better than the early production no K
- 2 x Schoeps M934 mylar capsules, polar pattern can be switched between omni and cardioid, the membranes are in pristine condition (please see pictures)
- 2 x Haufe A.925 audio transformers
- 1 x new custom made Schaal Audio regulated and dead silent ramped power supply - Excellent noise and interference rejection - This power supply provides the necessary voltage of 4V for the AC701K tube filament and 120V operation voltage. The microphone voltage are stabilized and strongly filtered for a clean and disturbance free audio signal. When turning on the supply the tubes filament voltage rises very slowly to protect the tubes from a high turning-on current. Works on 115V & 230V.
- 2 x new & fresh Sommer SC-Octave tube cables with very rare Sogies connectors gold pins connectors and Amphenol Tuchel 6 pins connectors - 20 feet each
- Third party case (not pictured)
M221F is the same circuit than M221B, the F is a 221B french version only for the change of the Sogie connector at the bottom of the mic rather than the Tuchel/Lumberg. You will find a Sogie connector on all the RTF & ORTF microphones like Neumann M367, Neumann U397, Neumann U497, Beyer M160, Beyer M88...
- - -
I'm happy to ship worldwide in a safe and strong package. Delivery times : US 48 hours, EU 24 hours via DHL Express, fully insured.
Feel free to message me should you need any additional information or pictures.
Last Edited By: datapanik . Edited 4 times