compasspnt

Diamond Forever

Lead

Jan 20 11 1:03 AM

Tags : :

Hello to all, and Welcome!

Here at PRW we want to keep things extremely professional.

FIRST RULE:  EVERYONE must post their real name in either their signature (please keep all sigs reasonable short), or in the "ABOUT ME" spot of their profile.  We may in the very rarest of situations make an exception to this rule, if there is an extremely high profile member (Phil Spector, Bono, etc.) who must remain private for special or security reasons, but except for those rare cases, this rule is a must.  The reason, of course, is to keep everything completely above board. We do NOT want this to be a place like much of today's Internet, with wild accusations flying, people hiding behind their cyber anonymity...you know what we mean!

PLEASE keep things clean...no four letter words, s'il vous plait.  We never know who might read these fora, and we would love to look good to everyone...even to our own Mothers.

Also, we really don't need subjects or posts that are just ranting or veering off topic.  Let's discuss real issues, in the studio, about equipment, how music has been and should be recorded and produced.

VERY IMPORTANT:  Please check the "Category" drop-down menu at the bottom of the post text box, to be sure you are posting in the forum that you intend the post to be in.  Sometimes things do go to a place you didn't mean, and we should keep that mistake to a minimum.

Hopefully all of this this does not sound dogmatic, and we trust that everyone understands the reason and the need for proper etiquette.

Now, that out of the way, let's do have fun, and remember why we got into music and recording in the first place...because we enjoy it!

Best regards.

Quote    Reply   

Tate

Tin Man

#1 [url]

May 25 14 12:02 PM

I wish to respectfully ask where, on the May 2014 Lefora profile update page, one should list one's signature, music and recording experience, etc.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I'm having trouble with this part of the registration procedure. The current version of the profile page appears to be one-size-fits-all for any number of forums. It would be nice to know where, among the many boxes and buttons, PRW folks prefer to add their pertinent information. Apologies if this is way obvious to everybody else!

Thanks.

- Tate Ferguson, Minneapolis

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#2 [url]

May 25 14 2:18 PM

Hello Tate!

Welcome to PRW (and TCs people are always extra welcome!)

They have been chanhing a lot about the Lefora workings over the past months, so I can't say exactly...and partly also because once you've made a Profile, I don't think the forms look the same for editing as for initiating...so I can't see my own in that way to answer perfectly.

I think using the Signature box (shows info on every post) or the "About Me" box (shows when someone specifically clicks "you" will work.

Does this help?

Anyway, welcome again!

Quote    Reply   

Tate

Tin Man

#3 [url]

May 25 14 5:46 PM

Thanks for your kind welcome, Mr. Manning. I've updated my heretofore-blank profile with a few items. Still haven't located the signature, but I'll keep at it.

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#4 [url]

May 25 14 8:40 PM

Click on the "About Me" box in the profile section and an Edit button will popup. Put your name in the "box Title" field or add a sig with your name. And welcome!

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   

treelady

Gold Finger

#5 [url]

May 26 14 10:05 AM

The number of people who have no name in their sig or info page is way beyond what is reasonable. 

Please make sure your profile is set up correctly.    This isn't that other forum . . .

Garrett Haines Chief Mastering Engineer, Treelady Studios www.treelady.com Senior Contributor, Tape Op Magazine www.tapeop.com

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#7 [url]

May 26 14 10:30 AM

I have to reset the box title every so often. Seems like every time they tinker with the forum software it defaults back to About Me

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   

MadDaddy

New Forum Friend

#8 [url]

Oct 7 14 10:48 PM

Just joined. First post here to make sure profile meets all requirements. Thanks in advance for the plethora of info on this site.

Quote    Reply   

MadDaddy

New Forum Friend

#10 [url]

Oct 8 14 7:18 PM

Thanks Terry! Big fan of your work and I was actually lucky enough to have done a few sessions at CPS in the late 80's or early 90's.

Quote    Reply   

MadDaddy

New Forum Friend

#12 [url]

Oct 9 14 1:30 AM

One that comes to mind is Womack & Womack. Other artists for MCA & Motown as well. I would have remembered if you were there! Must have been late 80's. Do you know Holly F. formerly of Island Records? Or former CPS head tech Eric S.? (Edit: Just checked, the sessions were between 87-89. How could I forget it was right after Alex S.'s accident? Damn.) Is it OK to PM you?

Last Edited By: MadDaddy Oct 9 14 1:46 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#13 [url]

Oct 9 14 1:40 AM

Hi, OMG, W&W…that was just before I took over CPS; but they did come back a couple of years later…what a pair!

Sure, Holly is a great friend, and in fact was even my manager back about '83 or so, for short while.

Eric is cool as well.

All the best!

Quote    Reply   

MadDaddy

New Forum Friend

#14 [url]

Oct 9 14 1:50 AM

What a pair is right! Would love to chat if you ever get a chance! I hear Eric is in H.K. these days, he was at BOP in S.A. when I was there as well. Small world. Had just edited last post when you replied.

Quote    Reply   

KatherineAxel

Gold Finger

#18 [url]

Feb 26 15 8:47 AM

So Terry can you explain where stuff of general interest re music/art should be posted? Some of these things seem to end up in Whatever Works but I thought that was more for engineering-related topics? 

#confusednewbie

www.valleywoodstudio.com

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help