ccash

Platinum Blonde

#43 [url]

Jan 28 11 9:46 AM

Fri, 11 January 2008

C.CASH

"Thanks Glen,
What do you think aboutthese panels for the walls, maybe leaving 2/3 feet between them?"
http://www.atsacoustics.com/cat--ATS-Acoustic-Panels--100.html

Thanks,

Clifford.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Fri, 11 January 2008

gulfo

i'd say 18"-24" apart, and on parallel walls, stagger them so they're alternated between the walls.

Glenn Stanton

Quote    Reply   

ccash

Platinum Blonde

#45 [url]

Jan 28 11 10:12 AM

Wed, 16 January 2008

C.CASH

"What would be the best colour to paint the Control Room window frame inside to help with light reflections.?
I was thinking matt/flat black."

Thanks,

Clifford.

Thu, 17 January 2008

rankus

Or flat gray. You see a lot of car dashboards this color... (I think about things like this for no particular reason lol)

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

Fri, 08 February 2008

C.CASH

"AHHH, I see, "Said the blind man".

The control room is almost done, I did it interly of purple Auralex. Its a small irregular shape so I am trying to make it dead. The CR door is being installed. I ended up with a framed glass door with 2x 3/8 panes but I built the door frame so that later I can put another door if the one is not quiet enough.The window frames are also being made so hopefully I will be able to paint them this weekend. Each window will have 1/2" and 3/8" glass. The outside glass will be mounted at an angle. Glass is expensive! I will get some fresh pictures next week. "

You can kinda see the windows, I went with flat black.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#46 [url]

Jan 28 11 10:25 AM

Tue, 27 November 2007

compasspnt

"Did you hide little notes in the walls so that in a hundred years, when the mutated space alien-humans are tearing your studio out, they can read about today?"
Tue, 27 November 2007

C.CASH

" I'm hoping the "Space Alien Humans" will be able to listen to something I recorded " [image]

-ccash

I am hoping they are a band, and can come record there.

Quote    Reply   

ccash

Platinum Blonde

#47 [url]

Jan 28 11 10:59 AM

Mon, 17 March 2008

C.CASH

" So far nothing is hooked up and my drums are not here yet.
However I have played my acoustic guitar,electric guitar and bass and have banged on my Slingerland.
The acoustic guitar sounded great but it did sound a little low in volume. Nothing missing though, Lows,mids and highs all present and sweet.
I played my Tele through a 66 Ampeg Jet, it was lovely,great bottom end and the mids in my face, again I found myself increasing the volume more than usual.
The snare was the most pleasing, before the traps the sound bounced all over the room and was very harsh on the ears. Now there is 0 bounce and the decay is almost instant.

I like it grin
What is a good way to test the room?

Thanks. "

Mon, 17 March 2008

compasspnt

Record a hit song in it.

Quote    Reply   

ccash

Platinum Blonde

#48 [url]

Jan 28 11 11:09 AM

Thu, 27 March 2008

C.CASH

Forks Drum Closet shipped my drums yesterday, Ludwig Legacy Classic 3 ply maple,DW hardware and Paiste Traditional thin cymbals. oooooooooooo I cant wait! smile

Wed, 02 April 2008

C>CASH

My drums and cymbals arrived yesterday, they are beautiful, money spent well. My drummer is coming in from Panama on Monday to set it up and tune itgrin

. I also got my API 2500 and SM57/Tab-Funkenwerk Mic from Mercenary,oooooooo pretty API.All I need now is the Lucas limiter and I am done I also had to order another patch-bay, one is not enough.Needless to say I am extra brokecrying

Quote    Reply   

ccash

Platinum Blonde

#51 [url]

Jan 31 11 8:06 AM

Hooking up the Control Room, ........... cables..........

All of my audio cables are run overhead, all power are under the floor.
I have 4 " pvc coduits running from the attic into the control room and 2 places in the live/tracking area. There are 6 of them running into the CR.

The lights in the tracking room are dimmed by a 700watt hospital dimmer, works really well.

Mr Oswald Bowe, the enineer responsible for the awesome hook up.

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#52 [url]

Jan 31 11 1:48 PM

Cliff, don't know what's changed, but I'm not seeing any of your pictures anymore. Just the little rectangle with a red X in it indicating the link is not working.

EDIT--it may be on my end. NASA's twiddling with it's web filters again...

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#54 [url]

Jan 31 11 3:31 PM

..If you see a faded sign on the edge of the page that says fifteen minutes to the...

Imaaaaaaaaaaaaage SHAAAACK!!!

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help