wireline

Aqua Marine

#23 [url]

Mar 3 11 9:44 AM

This one, I believe, is the undisputed king of stupid pics...Statue of Liberty with a burqa, as foreseen by a Islamic group wishing to instill Sharia in the US...(no disclaimer of this being a spoof)

Ken Morgan

Please...Give It A Rest

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#25 [url]

Mar 5 11 2:11 PM

This one, I believe, is the undisputed king of stupid pics...Statue of Liberty with a burqa, as foreseen by a Islamic group wishing to instill Sharia in the US...(no disclaimer of this being a spoof)
[image]

-wireline

Frankly I can't take that photo seriously as a wish/plan by some Islamic group.  That's a spoof and a "hate" photo to stir up anti-Islamic feelings.  Rather than assuming it to be true, I'd only believe a link to the actual original photo on the actual original Islamic website.

Now for something completely different:  The World's Longest Ear Hair (as recognized by Guinness)

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

berolzheimer

Aqua Marine

#26 [url]

Mar 5 11 2:22 PM

[image]

-wireline

I believe this picture was created by a right-wing group, claiming that this was going to happen if we let the brown-skinned people have their way.

Quote    Reply   

dcollins

Platinum Blonde

#29 [url]

Mar 5 11 2:44 PM

Do a search for "Stautue of Liberty Burqa" & you find links only to a bunch of right wing sites, including Fox News Nation.

-berolzheimer

I'm shocked to hear that.

DC

davecollinsmastering.com

Quote    Reply   

wireline

Aqua Marine

#30 [url]

Mar 5 11 2:53 PM

Instead of demonizing me or anything that doesn't fit a narrow agenda....please bring it up with these guys.  http://shariah4america.com/    They are the source of the photo, as well as some others.

Jesus - has THIS place sunk so low as to be unable to post a joke pic as well...If so, Dave, let me know now, and I'll gladly move along.  You are a moderator now - you don't have to take cheap shots

Ken Morgan

Please...Give It A Rest

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#31 [url]

Mar 5 11 3:22 PM

Relax...the thread is funny pictures, not things to get people riled up

-wireline

The purpose of that picture is to get people riled up, otherwise where's the "humor"?

Quote    Reply   

wireline

Aqua Marine

#32 [url]

Mar 5 11 3:36 PM

jeezus...

you are right Barry...I posted that just to piss off everyone.  You caught me.

Ever heard of the word absurdity?  That's the point of the pic...

Un-frikking-believable.

Ken Morgan

Please...Give It A Rest

Quote    Reply   

berolzheimer

Aqua Marine

#33 [url]

Mar 5 11 3:40 PM

jeezus...
Un-frikking-believable.

-wireline

Ken, I responded the way I did because I remembered seeing that pic & reading about it, and beleived you were mistaken about where it came from.  I see now that it is from that S4A site, although that site is so over the top I suspect it exists to instill fear of Muslims and doesn't actually belong to any real cleric.  But I have no evidence to support that theory.

Quote    Reply   

jonhodgson

Gold Finger

#34 [url]

Mar 5 11 3:59 PM

Ken, I responded the way I did because I remembered seeing that pic & reading about it, and beleived you were mistaken about where it came from.  I see now that it is from that S4A site, although that site is so over the top I suspect it exists to instill fear of Muslims and doesn't actually belong to any real cleric.  But I have no evidence to support that theory.

-berolzheimer

The whole thing doesn't ring true.

And if you look at the second post here, there's supporting, but not conclusive, evidence that the site is a spoof

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/10097/

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#35 [url]

Mar 5 11 5:03 PM

jeezus...
Un-frikking-believable.

-wireline

Ken,

I don't think you posted the picture to piss anyone off.  I think you found the picture "stupid" as you said.  What I'm saying is that the people who created the picture did it with the intent to stir anger aganist Muslims or it is a satire of what the political right wing believes.  But you didn't acknowledge that intention and said the picture was made by Muslims as their "stupid" idea.  So is the picture "stupid" as you said?  Yes, but I don't believe for the reason you mentioned.  I know you're not the kind of guy to participate in something just to piss people off and I welcome your contributions.

Barry

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#36 [url]

Mar 5 11 8:11 PM

In fact, if this WAS a real Muslim-extremist-generated picture, they wouldn't HAVE a statue of a human... That's forbidden, bhurka or no.

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   

mgod

Platinum Blonde

#37 [url]

Mar 5 11 8:40 PM

Instead of demonizing me or anything that doesn't fit a narrow agenda....

-wireline

One man's narrow...

The slipperiest of slopes. Even in humor.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help