yz

Aqua Marine

#81 [url]

Mar 8 11 9:07 PM

Oh, the above recipe also works well if you replace all the optionals with shiitake mushrooms - keep some black olives in.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#82 [url]

Mar 8 11 11:42 PM

Nice recipe. You can easily substitute Silk soymilk for cow milk.

Being where you are though, do you still use canned hearts/palm?  I thought they were everywhere there fresh.

Quote    Reply   

yz

Aqua Marine

#83 [url]

Mar 9 11 12:03 AM

the hardest thing to find here is fresh hearts of palm!

it's been that way for decades, if you find them fresh they're sourced illegally.

only established businesses with reforesting/sustainable extraction policies are legally allowed to market hearts of palm.

the fresh stuff is collected by fly-by-nighters who destroy the environment.

Quote    Reply   

yz

Aqua Marine

#84 [url]

Mar 9 11 12:06 AM

Nice recipe. You can easily substitute Silk soymilk for cow milk.

-compasspnt

the milk is there not for flavor but for the chemical properties, so I don't know if the soy stuff would substitute.

corn starch maybe? and if the filling gets too thick, add more of the preserve water.

Quote    Reply   

max

Gold Finger

#90 [url]

Mar 9 11 3:49 PM

yves wrote:

"the milk is there not for flavor but for the chemical properties, so I don't know if the soy stuff would substitute.

corn starch maybe? and if the filling gets too thick, add more of the preserve water"

the milk is, probably, not necessary

the idea is to thicken the sauce with liquid and starch, so a little vegetable stock would do perfectly well

corn flour is a very easy solution, but regular flout works well, as long as it's cooked a little first in butter/vegetable oil

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#93 [url]

Mar 9 11 8:48 PM

I was about 5 or 7.  It took a long period of adjustment afterward.  I don't usually share that picture with just anyone, but this just being the internet and all, I figured it would remain between us.  What I'm holding in that picture is my stillborn younger sister.

Quote    Reply   

mgod

Platinum Blonde

#94 [url]

Mar 10 11 12:50 AM

I was about 5 or 7.  It took a long period of adjustment afterward.  I don't usually share that picture with just anyone, but this just being the internet and all, I figured it would remain between us.  What I'm holding in that picture is my stillborn younger sister.

-barry_hufker

(It just could use repeating.)

Quote    Reply   

LeforaGuest

New Forum Friend

#97 [url]

Mar 10 11 6:04 AM

I'm sorry.  What does this device do??
;>)

-barry_hufker

It's the next HearBack system... but it actually works.

Paul, that chalk picture is very nice! Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

yz

Aqua Marine

#99 [url]

Mar 11 11 12:42 AM

every time I see a picture like that I remember when I was about 8 and climbed atop a water tower...

then sat on its top crying like an 8-year old on top of a water tower afraid to look down.

daddy to the rescue...  he was pi**ed off, not because I climbed it up but because I got afraid to get down.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help