waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#1443 [url]

Jul 31 16 9:01 AM

Pretty funny.. HOT Ones.  Chicken Wing Challenge.
Sean Evans interviews guest as they eat 10 chicken wings with the scoville level increasing with each wing.

[url]
[url]
[url]

Quote    Reply   

tb av

Platinum Blonde

#1446 [url]

Aug 14 16 1:56 AM

hallams wrote:

That's scary... The bar crossing.

I've never had to do that.  I can say though when I watched those vids, I thought to myself, I would turn back and buy time if available or head to another port. I don't mess around on the water. All the dangerous stuff happens too fast on the water and few second chances. I would love to drive a big boat. It blows my mind how they run those things.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#1447 [url]

Aug 15 16 6:54 PM

tb av wrote:

hallams wrote:

That's scary... The bar crossing.

I've never had to do that.  I can say though when I watched those vids, I thought to myself, I would turn back and buy time if available or head to another port. I don't mess around on the water. All the dangerous stuff happens too fast on the water and few second chances. I would love to drive a big boat. It blows my mind how they run those things.

What's amazing with the first boat in the clip, on it's side is that it didn't veer to port ( veer left if on the boat) at the bottom of the wave as most do in that situation. If it did so it would be on the rocks at the bar entrance. Maybe they where towing a sea anchor, or did it with twin screws and rudder controll? Like you I'd much prefer to head to a safer harbour entrance, but sometimes you have no option but to run the gauntlet as I had to in a small Piccaroon pocket sailer under bare poles in a 45 knot gale 20 years ago. There was a pier beside the river mouth but no breakwater and the waves where breaking all along the length of the pier spraying up between the pier deck beams. I used a pair of my Levi jeans as a sea anchor, tying a knot in each leg and towing them  50 ft behind the boat. The little yacht behaved beautifully surfing down the face of each wave with enough buoyancy in the bow to push back up in the wave's trough and strait in through the entrance to the river. No time to be afraid when i was negotiating the entrance or approaching land from a few miles off as I responded to each crisis including falling off the back of a pressure wave a mile off shore, breaking the tiller. That night though I had difficulty sleeping, as i contemplated the reality that i may never have seen my wife and children if any one of those incidents had not gone my way.

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#1454 [url]

Sep 25 16 4:55 AM

I feel so bad for my children after watching this video......... how could I have been so ignorant to the trauma I caused.

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help