technologyworks

Gold Finger

Lead

Mar 9 11 6:50 AM

Tags : :

No, I don't mean sessions with hard drinking bands...

Keith, I thought it might be good to have a place with recommended fluids for the various maintenance chores around the studio. Things like cleaning pots switches and so on. What is safe and what isn't. Will certain cleaners making plastics brittle. That kind of stuff.

Peter

Quote    Reply   

ccash

Platinum Blonde

#1 [url]

Mar 9 11 7:10 AM

No, I don't mean sessions with hard drinking bands...Keith, I thought it might be good to have a place with recommended fluids for the various maintenance chores around the studio. Things like cleaning pots switches and so on. What is safe and what isn't. Will certain cleaners making plastics brittle. That kind of stuff.Peter

-technologyworks

+1, yes please.

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#2 [url]

Mar 29 11 2:00 PM

I'm not sure that I can offer a 'definitive' list of things which are 100% 'safe for plastics' since there are lots of types, and even though I may not have had a problem myself, there may be other plastics which might still suffer or change over time...

That said however, I have had great results with Miller & Stephenson's 'Contact Renu & lube' for most issues.

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   

scullyfan

Platinum Blonde

#4 [url]

Jan 7 12 11:16 AM

+1 on Caig Deoxit. I used it on some PA equipment that went through a flood (completely submerged for a time). All of it works flawlessly now. Great stuff!

Quote    Reply   

mattallen

Silverado

#7 [url]

Jan 7 12 2:03 PM

Keith - Where are you ordering the Miller - Stephenson ? 

I had them send me a trail can but do you have to order it through them ?

Chemtronix PX is a good "safe on plastics" spray we used on a Quad Eight Coronado for years. 
A think a good key to is to always flush the excess out with air duster. 

I used a Deoxit product on some schadow switches one time and it really gummed them up. 
I resprayed later with Miller - Stephenson and that really helped. 

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#8 [url]

Jan 7 12 5:25 PM

I order direct from Miller & Stephenson... If their MOQ is a little high, I tend to get a couple of clients to do a 'group buy' so that they can maintain a supply at their studio.

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#10 [url]

Feb 16 12 1:00 PM

There used to be a product sold at studio supply stores called "Blue shower". In the old analog days thats all I used. Can't find it anymore, so I use deoxit it's safe for vintage faders, wipers, and plastic

Chance Pataki The Musicians Workshop www.the-musicians-workshop.com musicians.workshop@gte.net

Quote    Reply   

wireline

Aqua Marine

#11 [url]

Feb 16 12 1:11 PM

There used to be a product sold at studio supply stores called "Blue shower". In the old analog days thats all I used. Can't find it anymore, so I use deoxit it's safe for vintage faders, wipers, and plastic

-chance

http://elexp.com/che_1677.htm

Ken Morgan

Please...Give It A Rest

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#12 [url]

Feb 16 12 2:54 PM

[url]

-wireline

I just called them but they were out to lunch. I had heard that Blue shower was taken off the market some years ago. I wonder if it is now reformulated under the same old name. I loved that cleaner and hope it is the same

Chance Pataki The Musicians Workshop www.the-musicians-workshop.com musicians.workshop@gte.net

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#14 [url]

Jan 17 17 9:06 AM

ssltech wrote:
... have had great results with Miller & Stephenson's 'Contact Renu & lube' for most issues.

Me too.

Quote    Reply   

John Eppstein

Platinum Blonde

#16 [url]

Jan 23 17 3:21 PM

mattallen wrote:
I am embarrassed about my mis-spelling of "trial" in my above post.
Thought I was on Amateur Recording Workshop for a second.

Oh.

I thought you were talking about a small can for the portable audio equipment you use when backpacking.

Thankls for cleraring that up!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help